*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989795-Divisity-is-a-Great-Word
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#989795 added August 3, 2020 at 2:15pm
Restrictions: None
Divisity is a Great Word
BCoF August 3, 2020

BCoF Let this quote inspire your entry:

Sydney in general is eclectic. You can be on that brilliant blue ocean walk in the morning and then within 20 minutes you can be in a completely vast suburban sprawl or an Italian or Asian suburb, and it's that mix of people, it's that melting pot of people that give it its vital personality. Baz Luhrmann


Fairy playing a flute

The diversity of society in Sydney is so obvious as you walk through Paddy's Market or Darling Square to the Harbor. It's a place where you get lots of encouragement knowing so many different people who originated in different parts of the earth find a place to live together. in cooperation. Even during pandemic there is a sense of busy people meeting the day with a busy sense of importance.

If you look you can find wonderful people of all races helping each other. One time when I lived in Texas we were transporting two horses to a horse show in a two horse trailer. A tire blew out on the trailer as we rounded a curve. The horse trailer with horses inside tip over on its side. This was before cell phones. We were on a stretch of road far from any towns. The truck we used to haul horses was instantly incapacitated. No one was injured. The horses were frantic.

An older model truck with Mexican workers aboard stopped as soon as they saw the problem. One young boy sprawled across the top of the horses still stuck and laying on their sides struggling and kicking. The horses calmed immediately. Another worker brought out medal cutting tools from the truck. They and my husband went to work on the top of the trailer to cut it off..

When the top was removed as a group they rolled each horse over and out of the trailer onto their feet. It was done with such speed and flexibility. Such efficiency of mental process. The hoses were bruised but not broken. The men jumped back in their truck and drove away. No one even caught their names or destinations it was done so quickly.

When I was in the Panama Canal Zone in the 60's riots broke out in Panama City. My 9 month old son and I were in a rental apartment. My husband had reported earlier in the morning to the Airbase for work. We had a black landlady. She came to the apartment door to take my son and I to her apartment for safety. she hid us there for 2 days until the Guadia National could take us out in safety.

I could name other numerous times when I was helped in some way by someone from another ethnic group. Because of my life experiences I'm startled by all the news of so many murders perpetuated on black people in the USA. Startled by the media that makes it seem as if people in the USA cannot abide each other. I just don't think the news tells the real story often enough. The truth that people are people. Some good experiences, some bad but, not all bad, and not all inadequate under stressful situations. I guess I like what Ellen De Generes says, "Be Kind To One Another."



© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989795-Divisity-is-a-Great-Word