*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989845-August--4-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#989845 added August 5, 2020 at 6:31am
Restrictions: None
August 4, 2020
Created by the talented A. E. Willcox at Flights of Fantasy Image ShoppeCreated by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Blog City image smallImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBanner or header for 30DBC

Banner or header for 30DBC We're hoping on The Ghan for one of the world's great train journeys. Travel through the heart of Australia in luxury while enjoying the all-inclusive food and beverages, well-appointed cabins and the Off Train Excursions that allow you to get a feel for the places the train travels through.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g255093-d12951577-Reviews-The_Ghan...

30 day prompt, check out these links and discuss. You must discuss a minimum of 3 of the links.

https://www.pinkroadhouse.com.au/oodnadatta-track/

https://www.australia.com/en-us/places/northern-territory.html

https://alicespringsdesertpark.com.au/

https://www.flyingdoctor.org.au/

we'll be dining in https://journeybeyondrail.com.au/guest-information/food-beverage/queen-adelaide-...

This sounds like a really fun trip and now that I am feeling and functioning a little better I can go along. I'll be dancing through the Outback with you all and enjoying the scenic beauty of Australia. Maybe I can capture a picture of a kangaroo or a koala bear? Then we'll all eat a nice steak at the Pinkhouse by the oodnadatta track.

Blog City image small "Prompt: What kinds of things such as likes, dislikes, behavior, vocations, avocations, and/or personality traits do you appreciate in other people the most?"

I am now officially what I have wanted to be for a huge part of my life. I am now a mental health therapist by license and by trade. As such I would say there is no personality that I don't find fascinating. After all, personalities are what I work with. I find them all fascinating. I figure out what makes people behave the way they do. Usually, I find it is the past which strongly influences the present. We react the way we do because it is a learned behavior. Anything we learned we can unlearn.

An image for the forum Cruising through the galaxy we came upon a star.

The planet A blog on Poetry, Poets and Life
BOOK
Poet @ Work 2  (18+)
A blog on Poetry, Poets and Life
#2094820 by WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024


says "It's raining today. Better for the garden, it's been very dry lately. I love the sound of rain, on the rooftop, on the window, on the tiles in the street. It's soothing and comforting."

Write about a rainy afternoon. What do you like to do with rainy days?

On rainy afternoons I like to nap like anybody else. If it isn't flashing lightning I will go out and sit in the patio. The patio has rocking chairs and a metal roof. So on a rainy day, it's a great place to sit and meditate. Of course, I am busy a lot of rainy days. I now have licenses to do therapy with three mental health organizations and I am a master's degree student at Regent University. I spend a lot of my time doing research for papers and reports. I've become quite adept at Turabian format and know how to do the research now. It took a while to learn it but I've gotten all As so far this term. I got an A-minus in two of my classes and I have a solid A in the third right now. I only have two more major assignments to get back but I am confident they will both be A work as well. So rainy day or otherwise, I work usually. My classmates all are gunning for me. I usually get my work turned in early and the professor usually gives me extra credit. However many points I get in extra credit set the grading curve. I have a target on my back so I have to keep moving. No time to stop and listen to the rain!

Created by Sharmelle's Expressions Prompt: "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you..."

How is Holy Spirit our Advocate?"

This question may seem a little tough but part of the reason for this forum is Bible study. I asked in the prompt how Holy Spirit is our advocate. Does Hebrews not say that Jesus is our High Priest (Advocate). How then does Holy Spirit serve that same function?
A few of the verses which show that Holy Spirit does serve in this capacity are :

“There is one God and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.” I Tim. 2:5
“Who also maketh intercession for us׳ “Romans 8:34
“We have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ.” I John 2:1

Holy Spirit lives in the believer's heart. Spurr says that many of us pray and use the words “In Jesus’s name” without stopping to think of the power and reality behind doing so. Spurr says this is unwise of us because we should never use ancient words without knowing their meaning. {3) In Jesus’s name activates the power of Holy Spirit so that Holy Spirit advocates or acts in our behalf. There is much, much power in Jesus’s name because of it activating Holy Spirit who is the power of God. This same power created and sustains the universe. All the other power in the universe combined is not stronger than this power source because they all come from this source. They depend on Holy Spirit for existence. When I say Holy Spirit is our advocate I mean that we have the power of God at our disposal. He serves us and helps us. He is our advocate. Spurr says we should never take this power for granted or discuss it glibly. {4} Spurr says “Not until these loose ideas are dissolved and replaced by some of the sternness which attaches to the idea of holiness and law, will there emerge a doctrine of the Divine Fatherhood worthy to be held.”
We must be more respectful and in awe of our Advocate. He weilds great power and when we invoke Jesus’s name we invoke that power.

1. Frederic C. (Frederic Chambers) Spurr,. “‘Our Advocate and Mediator.’” Review & Expositor 26, no. 2 (April 1929): 163–70. http://search.ebscohost.com.ezproxy.regent.edu/login.aspx?direct=true&db=rfh&AN=...
2. Ibid., 163
3. Spurr, 164
4. Ibid.,
5. Ibid.,






Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsSignature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020



Marvin D Schrebe AKA Jamison Christian "Chris" Breva AAD RBA

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards.
.

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989845-August--4-2020