*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989857
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#989857 added August 4, 2020 at 11:05am
Restrictions: None
Things I Like About People
Prompt: Joy asked what personality traits we like about people?

Wow. Where do I start? Work. I didn't like my boss lying to me. She said she would come and help me in snowy weather. She said the snow was too bad to come in. I called the other nurse to help me. My boss had a nurse helping her and pushed all her work on me as much as she could. I wanted to do my job but not being taken advantage of. I wanted corporate to care about us and our patients. They didn't.

The mentally ill. They wanted attention so bad that they would make up symptoms. They would lie, try to commit suicide and play the staff against each other. They would bang on the walls, swallow thumb tacks, smoke in their rooms, throw their meds at us if they didn't want to take them while others wanted every PRN Med like Tylenol, sleeping pills, itching pills, laxatives and every pill that was on their as needed list. It wasn't easy working with these people. I love the ones who went to counseling, took their meds, wanted to get better and come and talk to me one on one. I wanted to help them. I just didn't want them yelling, threatening me and thinking we were their slaves. Working together and kind words went a long way. I always tried to do that.

I like people who are honest, who will work with me, don't take God and Jesus' name in vain, have a sense of humor, love animals, do their part at work, be sincere and honest. It is nice to meet people who like to write and scrapbook and read. I like talking to people who worked in health care and understand what is like. I don't like people who think they are better then me because then they are asking for it. I like people who are patient and want to make a difference and not be rebellious. I don't want anyone being bossy with me. I like respect and like to respect others. I don't like seeing people making fun of Downs Syndrome people. I had to put two teenage boys in their place for making up of a Downs Syndrome girl. I won't tolerate that. This is basically it for me. People who are honest, believe in God, love animals and want to be good people who care. This is my speech for the day.

Violet and Mary picture, Downton Abbey.

© Copyright 2020 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989857