*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989887-Trains-and-Airplanes
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#989887 added August 4, 2020 at 3:23pm
Restrictions: None
Trains and Airplanes
We're hoping on The Ghan for one of the world's great train journeys. Travel through the heart of Australia in luxury while enjoying the all-inclusive food and beverages, well-appointed cabins and the Off Train Excursions that allow you to get a feel for the places the train travels through.

signature dancing owl *Trainbr*


I jolly well know that Australia is large with a lot of outback land area. A fleet of seventy seven airplanes are covering the whole country. RFD medical is up to date about covid 19 and flies patients in and out of hospitals. I watched them put together some of the aircraft needed to maintain this service. Really it is so cool that they take the medical service right to the patient.



The Ghan takes us through the blue mountains and shows us the depth of the country as we view wheat fields and plains. I really like seeing the red and beige earth tones contrasting with green plants as the train rolls along. There is such a culinary choice from the chef. Did anyone try the aborigine dish of kangaroo and bush chutney? When we rolled through the national park we saw how the termite mounds align north to south as an environmental action caused by exposure. Sandra and I compared notes with a Canada train ride we took on one trip. A train ride gives me the best views of landscape from the comfort of a room and a window. By the way the word Ghan is defined as an Afghan or as a persistent person. It came from the fact that the first trekkers on this trail were camels driven by afghan managers who persisted in taking needed goods to people along this route. We are definitely riding in more comfort than a camel train would give.


The train let us wander around Alice Springs desert park. Prosperous Snow, Sandra Lynn, Blue Moon and several others gathered for food and refreshment later and compared notes on what we saw. So many beautiful birds. There were little parrots I see for sale in local stores at home. The love birds were hatched and raised for the pet trade at home; it is nice to see them flying free in their natural habitat. There was a barking spider, a barn owl (i think barn owls are in every country), and of course dingos. Beautiful plants abound fox tail, desert petunia, and bush banana to name a few. Another place we could spend a lot more than one day just looking at what lives here if there was time. I guess that is the downside to being a tourist. Once again we come into contact with the Aboriginal people who own this place. Their knowledge of the environment and how to control it to the best advantage is something else. Some of their ideas are something to take home with us.

Until tomorrow time for rest.

K had a Dr. appointment yesterday so I am behind in commenting on everyone's blogs. I'll be around to comment even if it is catch up on other dates. See Ya.






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989887-Trains-and-Airplanes