*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990105-A-Purchase-and-Music
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#990105 added August 6, 2020 at 10:40am
Restrictions: None
A Purchase and Music
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Prompt: What was the last thing you ordered off the internet?

---

I ordered a two-tier stand for my houseplants, but it didn’t work well. So the stand stands in the corner in a bathroom holding a few spray cans in the bottom shelf, and tissues and extra toilet paper on the top shelf.

I should have sent it back, but I dislike sending things back. It was advertised as sturdy, but it isn’t. It doesn’t look too bad in the little corner it is occupying now, though, and it serves a purpose, although that purpose serves other than what my original need was.

As for the houseplants, I have to visit an actual store like Loews or a nursery that sells such stuff.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Samberine Everose ’s "A Piece of Song
"A piece of melody blends gently with the night, carrying something, I didn't recognize."
Have you ever had an experience like this? Tell us about it.

----

Yes, all the time. One example for this is that I read at nights, almost all the time. The music I listen to is usually Classical or reading music for Kindle, etc.

This music does something to me that is hard to recognize. It is not just relaxing me but addressing something in my psyche that reverberates through my entire being, although my attention is on what I am reading. If the music had to be in songs with words, I’d say the words had to be inspiring me, but I don’t listen to songs when I am reading because I would focus on the words and my reading would go haywire.

I think this effect happens due to the fact that music creates a mode of expressing or recognizing feelings. This must be because music has its origins in the beginning of the human kind when bones and rocks pounced on the stretched-out skins of animals as the people accompanied with their chants, war cries, and laments. This must have been etched somewhere in our DNAs.

Then today, when music affects us in a way that we can’t figure out how, I think our combined heritage takes over and we are psychically inspired by the feelings that we are familiar with but can’t exactly recall what they are.





© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990105-A-Purchase-and-Music