*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990183-Moon-and-Mars
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#990183 added August 7, 2020 at 11:41am
Restrictions: None
Moon and Mars
Today may be an interesting day. There is a Red Flag warning issued. For those not schooled on this, it is a warning for Fire Danger. High winds, low humidity mean fire danger. This is a big problem here in Montana and other parts of the West this time of year.

The fire siren down at the volunteer fire station has been going off quite a bit lately. And I see posted lots of fires around. So pray that the winds aren't too bad this afternoon, 25 to 30 MPH predicted. But on the plus side, maybe all the grasshoppers will be blown to North or South Dakota! Score!

There is a used book sale starting this morning. The friends of the library have this yearly. A good time to stock up on books. Of course, I already can start my own library. But so many books, so little time. I just have to go and see what treasures I can unearth. Of course, they are making it annoying, masks required, and gloves. Fuss and bother. I'll take my own mask, but gloves? Really? I would think it would be cheaper to just put out sanitizer and make sure people use it. But the powers that be say use a mask and gloves, and I want books, I guess I'll do it.

We do the museum volunteer guide thing today. It is a quiet 4 hours the past few weeks. No one has been in on our tour of duty. Nice time to sit, talk a bit, read a bit, and I take a notebook and sometime write. Of course, since we are retired, we don't get all that tired anymore, but it is nice to just sit and have no agenda for a few hours.

Did anyone see this thing posted about the moon and mars being together in the sky on August 27th? Well - I did some research, and no, Mars can never appear as big as the moon. Just a bunch of hooey. As usual - Facebook hooey. But it would be fun if it was true. You can see the moon and Mars close to each other this weekend, but Mars is never more than a red star for us. Unless you write SciFi and then it is the most wonderful place in the universe, full of undiscovered aliens and towns and new technologies.

So, off to the book sale.*BookStack2**Reading* It only happens once in a Blue Moon!! *Moon*


© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990183-Moon-and-Mars