*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990186-Mindl-Beach
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990186 added August 7, 2020 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
Mindl Beach

Where I spent the evening while we were at Darwin Austrailia.

Fairy playing a flute *GiftB*


Mindl Beach Market is an evening adventure. The market is here in the evening for a specific reason. It's for the sun watchers of society. The Market itself is known for a diversity of types of foods. If you are hungry this is a great place to dine. Then, of course, there is a lot of other interesting stalls rugs, painting, gems, and aboriginal items. Plus, there is the music here that is constantly playing. It's a background to the market and later continues as people wander down to the beach for the main event.

When the sun starts to go down you take the walkway to the beach. Mindl Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches on the Australian Continent. The oxidation in the sand causes it to be reddish in color.There are palm trees and other plant life for greenery. The contrasting glory of the sea colors and sky colors as the sun sinks is awesome. If you know about the sun it is large, in this part of the world, as it sinks slowly down giving the sky a red, yellow, orange, and even purple light show.

There is a wharf there with dining options. No one sells alcohol drinks but you can bring your own. The wharf is out over the ocean even closer to the sun. Many people are standing around with cameras taking photographs as the sun falls slowly down behind the horizon. The contrast between the sky and the color of the beaches makes a beautiful show. This is where the paintings sold from the stalls at the Mindl Beach Market were born, as artist watched this sky show.

I ordered a seafood platter with Iced tea and stood on the edge of the wharf taking pictures that will be a happy reminder of the trip, in times yet to come. When I thought I had enough picture taking and the food was delivered to the table I enjoyed fresh fish and shrimps with a sauce native to the area. It was so peaceful. The night quietly settled in as the sun at last made its final exit. It left a glow in the sky even as it disappeared.

I was happy to acknowledge how many other people were sunset watching. The sun will always amaze you as our planet spins around it on a daily basis.

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990186-Mindl-Beach