*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
15
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990192-Meeting-Goals
by Ned
Rated: 13+ · Book · Entertainment · #2199980
Thoughts destined to be washed away by the tides of life.
#990192 added August 7, 2020 at 1:49pm
Restrictions: None
Meeting Goals
I am feeling pretty proud of myself today. I've been putting all my efforts recently into earning enough GPs to purchase my next 6 months of upgraded membership. I have been doing reviews and entering contests, even trying to catch one of the games on the Messenger now and then in order to earn a few GPs here and there.

I like earning my way. I have purchased some GPs a couple of times when I was short, just to make up the amount needed to continue for 3 months. There's nothing wrong with buying GPs - I know that's what keeps the site in business. Still, I managed to get over the top just through writing and reviewing and I was able to purchase a 6 month extension, and that feels really good. Plus, six months gives me a little breathing room...

This morning, I won a contest and that win was really the most important because it got me to my goal. But I almost didn't enter at all. As it was, I got my entry in with just a few minutes left on the deadline. So, there's a lesson for me. Don't leave things so late and keep plugging away, sometimes it pays off. And enter contests even if you don't think you have a chance. You can't win if you don't enter.

Contests are something I really enjoy, even if I do kick myself a bit when I lose. Everything is a learning experience and the fact that there are so many kinds of contests on WDC makes it easy to find one that fits me and my style.

I will admit that it makes me a little nervous to have nearly wiped out my GP bank, but with concentrated effort, I hope to replenish it in good time. Who knows, maybe I will even buy myself some GPs for Christmas this year.

© Copyright 2020 Ned (UN: nordicnoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ned has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990192-Meeting-Goals