*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990229-Perth-Australia---Blogging-World-Tour
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#990229 added August 8, 2020 at 7:14am
Restrictions: None
Perth, Australia - Blogging World Tour
For the 30-Day Blogging Challenge and Blogging Circle Of Friends to use.


WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
30 Day Blogging Challenge

https://www.mapsofworld.com/australia/
https://www.mapsofworld.com/asia
/ so you have an idea where we are Perth, Australia and where we are landing next in Angkor, Cambodia.

30 day, Perth - Cycling is the locals’ favourite way to get​ around. So hop on, blend in, and discover the sights of Perth on this 3 hours experience.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g255103-d20197509-Perth_by_B...
The tour guide is so excited to have such a large group. And there's a lot of interesting places along our ride. Discuss what you've seen and what you liked thus far in Australia..

Biking. I'd love to, especially around a city I could have been born in. Just before I was born my Dad had an opportunity to go to Perth for a 2 year stint in the mining industry, but at the last minute they changed the plans and had their people come to the mine in Northern Ontario. My dreams of being born down under were gone, but my mother was happy about that. I was her first and only child and she was already nervous about giving birth, let alone doing it in a strange country.
That said, I know where Perth is in Western Australia.

Perth is a city of contrasts, where new urban skylines meet famous historical landmarks. By bike, we were able to get an overview of the place. The unmissable ​​panoramic views of the Swan River from The Old Swan Brewery were lovely. We got to see the incredible Eliza Statue which likes to play dress-up. I wonder if if is anything like the bear at the University of Guelph that is often dressed in odd get-ups.

We got to see ​a beautiful blue boathouse that has been rebuilt several times and had a color change or two. I hear this is an awesome place to take a sunrise photo - I'll have to do that tomorrow before we leave for Cambodia. We cycled through the ​400-hectare King’s park, where the fresh scent of lemons and clear skies awaited us at every turn. We ended at Elizabeth Quays, where we were welcomed by a vibrant and romantic atmosphere and were able to hear the haunting chimes of the Bell Tower​ - this was the perfect way to finish your cycling experience.

The afternoon I wandered and found the Hay Street Mall. Lots of shops. I had lunch in the Croissant Express and grabbing a few savoury muffins for the road... who knew you could have muffins with pumpkin and feta or spinach and ricotta. I found a coffee shop - Lowdown with some great coffee and browsed through several book shops in the area - Dymocks (the leading Australia bookshop), Elizabeth Bookshop (the oldest since 1973) and Boffin Books (the greatest in Perth).

The nightlife was fun. We popped in to the Wolf Lane for some rather zany cocktails before meandering onward.
https://www.wolflane.com.au/bar/



BCOF Insignia

Blogging Circle of Friends

Prompt: Perth - As a tourist, which would you rather come home with: lots of souvenirs or lost of pictures. Why?
Now that I am older, I would have to say pictures because there is only so much clutter a world can have. I will buy post cards to capture images that I don't have and I enjoy looking at the touristy stuff, but I limit my purchases knowing I have to carry all this stuff around.

Collecting small things, like stamps is interesting. So is a small collection of coins, but nothing weird... like that Kangaroo balls thingie I saw in one market video. Who would buy crap like that? The poor kangaroo!

© Copyright 2020 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990229-Perth-Australia---Blogging-World-Tour