*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990235-Perth-and-Onward
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990235 added August 8, 2020 at 10:48am
Restrictions: None
Perth and Onward
The tour guide is so excited to have such a large group. And there's a lot of interesting places along our ride. Discuss what you've seen and what you liked thus far in Australia..

Manx Cat from Japan *Traincar1p*


Australia

Quote:“I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror –
The wide brown land for me!”
Dorothea Mackellar, The Poems of Dorothea Mackellar reference:https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/australia





PERTH TODAY


I took the bicycle tour. Even wearing masks the ride was spectacular. I had to center on something and I was so taken with Elizabeth Quays. The Quays are where Perth City meets the Swan River. It is considered one of the precincts designed within it's own area and use.Elizabeth Quays was named for Queen Elizabeth during her diamond jubilee.


Two things put me over the top at Elizabeth Quays. Although, I saw and read about so much more these things were are the top of my attention.

There are 18 bells hanging in a 271 foot high tower, which is made of copper and brass. Twelve of the bells are from St. Martin-in-the-Square church located in Trafalgar Square in London. Six of the others were recently cast by by White Chapel Bell foundry. Metal mined in Australia was used to shape these bells. One was donated by The Australian Government. The other five were underwritten by West Minister of the UK, the city of London, and British and Australian mining companies. The sound of the bells can be aimed in different directions depending on the need or time of day. The Swan Bell Tower was designed by Hames Shailey.

The second thing is the Spanda sculpture by artist Christian de Vietvi. The Spanda is situated looking south toward the Swan river. It is six nested arches. The largest arch is nine stories high. The smallest arch is the size of a human being or maybe two standing together. It represents divine vibrations that united human communication with the universe.

I tried to find out why the clothing of the women's sculpture changes, I've not been successful about that yet.

If I was actually going to travel face to face Perth would be one of the places I would go. I would like to hear the bells and walk through the Spanda. By bicycle it was a wonderful ride with so much to see. I needed in-depth knowledge of all the places I rode to see. I could visit Australia more than once or just stay for a few months to see all the sites it exhibits.

Now I am excited to visit Cambodia. A place I have never been.




© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990235-Perth-and-Onward