*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990325-Happy-Horse-Farm
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990325 added August 9, 2020 at 10:05am
Restrictions: None
Happy Horse Farm
We;re staying at the Viroth's Hotel

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297390-d9514361-Reviews-Viroth_s_Hotel...

Siem Reap is the capital of the province Siem Reap in Cambodia. One of their most famous sites to visit is the Angkor Wat temple. Besides that, they have many more temples, museums, the Old Market and the Cambodian Cultural Village.

Explore the different options and discuss. Make us envious
.

owl for signature use *FlowerR*


}

https://pharecircus.org/phare-revealed-cambodian-legends-and-myths/

Traveling|

Checking into the Viroth's Hotel was so easy. The hotel is just lovely. I could not think of a better word. Every room has views of green growing plants and gardens. The staff is very courteous. You can always find someone near who will answer questions and help.

The lot of us hired a mini bus and tumbled in for a trip to Angkor temples. I took pictures of WakeUpAndLive, Blue Moon and Carly standing on the temple steps. Sandra Lynn and I both noticed the big difference in the climate here and weather where we live. The heat is different causing the growth of more tropical trees and plants. We are using lots of sun screen and carrying bottles of liquid.

The artists that created the carvings on temples and statues was very talented. Doesn't it show the amazing creative minds that existed during this period of Cambodian life?

In a Biogeoghraphy class we discussed the fact that a lot of legends are based on some kind of facts so I was wondering what facts the legend about a half-man half lion are created on? I looked up one link about an eclipse and the story that is told about eclipses. Wikipedia also has several pages about Cambodian folklore. All of this folklore around the temples made me wonder what life is really like so I booked a trip with the Happy Ranch Horse Farm. I took a three hour trip through the country side on horse back.

The horses seemed really calm and used to anything they might experience on the trail. Once when we were riding on a wide trail through a part of jungle a spotted pig came out suddenly from the underbrush. The horses did not even acknowledge it. On the ride we waved at people hand working some fields. We also saw, statues, temples, and rode through villages.

It was a long day. Some of our group took the water tour of Toni Sup Fishing Village. I still want to see Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary. Lots of good bird pictures I can chalk up some new bird sightings for my list. I hope there is time to sit in the lounge and compare adventures. Maybe at breakfast if people are to tired tonight.

Merit Badge in Encore! Encore!
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for your interesting entries in the 30 day 50/50 Lyn
}







© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990325-Happy-Horse-Farm