*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990416-National-Park-Tailand
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990416 added August 10, 2020 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
National Park Tailand
We're going to have a picnic by the falls this afternoon. And spend some quality time together. Give a
brief summation of the last ten days including today's sights.in your entry today.
owl for signature use



Nhao Yai National Park: Wild Life video from Youtube:


THE WILDLIFE VIDEO IS NOT FROM THAILAND.

There is a Bonanza Zoo which contains a compact amount of exotic animals for viewing. However, I kind of got stuck at the Khao Yai National park. One thing be sure of you cannot get into the park on foot. You must be in a vehicle. This is part is very large. It takes about 3 hours to drive to all of the sites and that does not count viewing time. Also this park is similar to Yellowstone where all the wildlife roams freely within the park.

There are only two circular trails connected to the wildlife center, that can be freely walked by tourists of the park. On all other trails a guide is required to walk on them. All of the trails are circular so you won't get lost. Snakes, monkeys, butterflies, wild pigs, chickens, elephants, and other animals are native to the area.

Some of the snakes are poisonous. I saw one on a guided tour to one of the falls. Although this National Park was the first one established in Thailand it is now the third largest.

Around 447 species of birds inhabit the Park. There is a bird migration into the park during March and April. There are wild chickens all through the park and along the road sides. I saw a brown horn-bill today. I suppose if I add it to my bird list I should notation virtual beside the name of the bird. *Laugh*

Salt licks are normal along the park road ways which can lure the animals close so they can be viewed from automobiles. The best way to see the larger species is with a guided tour because guides communicate between tours where the animals are spending time. Quides can take the public right to any section of the park where and elephant herd or other animals may be congregating.

Khao Rom mountain is the highest mountain in the park. It is very humid in the park at this time of year because it is the rainy season. Also the water falls will be more splendid because of more available water.

Besides birds there are many beautiful butterfly species. Special picture boards can be seen at the viewing sites that depict the kinds of animals, plants, and insects within the park.

Personally, Because of a poisonous snake I saw at the waterfall I think the picnic would be better inside a vehicle or even at the Wildlife center.

Notes: The Kensington English Garden Resort is quiet and serene. It would be a great place to spent a retreat or some time to write. We have visited some really nice hotels on this trip.I thought I would miss the Viroth's Hotel but this one was fine as well.

Who wouldn't love Opal hunting. The miners have built a kind of awesome village there. A nice way to fight the environmental landscape.

I was very taken with Spanda and the Swan bell tower. Awesome man made monuments.

Everywhere we go bicycles are used for the way to get around most places--except Antarctica where boats and snow vehicles are the main ride.

All during this trip we are meeting environments that are contrasts; cold versus heat, ice versus desert, desert versus jungle. Also, hotels and places we are visiting have some very nice people interested in the safety of the travelers.

I feel though that I could still wring out more about Antarctica if I spent time in research. It was interesting to find that there are no Polar Bears in Antarctica. And, some of the special clothing is good for winter here even if we only have cold a couple months of the year.

HAPPY TRAILS!


















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990416-National-Park-Tailand