*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990422-Roaming-Around-Thailand
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990422 added August 10, 2020 at 10:25am
Restrictions: None
Roaming Around Thailand
BFof: Prompt: Pick one of these fun places and write about it. Experience Thailand With These 10 Things To Do In Pak Chong! -

Manx Cat from Japan *Cat2* At a young age when I was asking why? My dad said, "Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back."


I just could not pick One!

1. At Palio Village I found the mushroom farm. This is such a great learning experience for growing mushrooms. There is a place to go to see the way the medium for the growth of the mushrooms is packed around the mushroom to start it. The farm itself has gardens with large colored Mushroom sculptures There are two story cottages you can book to stay in and mushroom paintings on the walls of the buildings. I'm reminded of the story in one of "The lion, Witch, and Wardrobe," series. The farm has that kind of childlike aura within the grown up world of growing mushrooms.

2. Then I visited the Elephant Roundup Village which is near the silk village where silk is weaved for the royal family. some of the patterns are only allowed to be used for the royals. The fabrics for them are woven by hand and often a fabric in the process of being woven only gains a few centimeters per day.. I like silk fabric, so I was hoping to find more about the process for silk that is exported. My links did not work well so I'm not sure I was in the proper place. Anyway, this particular visual was very interesting. Stories about the patterns are interesting as well.

3. The elephant village is a place where Mahout s are trained and elephants are trained. During the year there is a roundup. What is similar to a horse gymkhana in the USA. The Mahouts show off their elephants. The elephants compete in different contests such as dart throwing and ring juggling. Within the village are houses built on high poles. The ground level is where the elephants live. The top level has two sides. One for a family the other for the Mahout in training. It's a very organized system. You can take a ride on an elephant while you are there. I once rode an elephant at the San Antonio Zoo in Texas.
a very slow but insightful ride.

4. I could not stop there. Since I was in the area I also visited a Buddhist Temple. The temple itself is almost in ruins. a new temple grounds has been built. There are many beautiful and very old sculptures on the grounds in garden settings. One sculpture depicts a pair of large birds eating the intestines of a human body.

Perhaps depicting a burial rite of some sort. In the Andes mountains a group of natives take the pieces of the human body to the top of a mountain to feed to large vultures. Then when only the bones are left they are powdered and cast to the land. This is the reality of "We are born from dust we return to dust."

I found a Buddhist Temple in Minnesota which is very much like the one in Thailand that I visited. Started by Monks fleeing from the Khmer Rouge 1988. Now there is a group of Buddhist living near them. I often wonder what the Buddha thinks about this kind of visual respect toward him. You know he adamantly did not want people to worship him. And, they do not seem to attempt exactly worship, but pay their respect to him in this way, while creating a quiet place to meditate and attempt to achieve enlightenment.

This is what I found today. Thank you for the incentive. *FlowerV*



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990422-Roaming-Around-Thailand