*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990431-Pak-Chong-Thailand---Blogging-World-Tour
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#990431 added August 10, 2020 at 11:22am
Restrictions: None
Pak Chong, Thailand - Blogging World Tour
For the 30-Day Blogging Challenge and Blogging Circle Of Friends to use.


WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30 day Hard to believe, we've been traveling ten days already.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g641719-d2622335-Reviews-Kensington_Eng...
This is the hotel we're staying at in Pak Chong, Thailand. The Bonanza Exotic Zoo (BEZ).
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g641719-d7082897-Reviews-The_Bonan...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g641719-d6669408-Reviews-Haew_Suwa...
We're going to have a picnic by the falls this afternoon. And spend some quality time together. Give a
brief summation of the last ten days including today's sights, in your entry today.


Thailand. Our hotel is beautiful. It seems a little out of place in Thialand... a British luxury, but it is lovely and I feel safe.

I have decided not to venture with everyone to the zoo. Since there is a National Park nearby, I would much rather go there. The Zoo is great if you have children and I often feel sad when the animals are contained. Going to the Park means I will meet you at the waterfall for the picnic.

Appaently the Haew Suwat waterfall may be recognizable to some. It is from the big screen – it shot to fame after being featured in the hit movie, “The Beach”. I didn't see this.

We could hear the roar of the water from the road and it got increasingly louder as we walked the short distance (around 100 metres) to the viewing point. Some of us were feeling energetic, and followed the trail leading to the top of the 20-metre high waterfall (65 feet) and see where the tumbling water comes from. The view was amazing.

The last ten days of travel have been wonderful, except for being contained on a train, I have managed to venture out into lots of natural settings and walked the land of 4 countries and 3 continents! I have tried to find the heart of each place I have been in.... avoiding the closed in spaces (not so much because of my Covid experience, but because nature inspires me and traveling should inspire you - fill your well, so to speak - even if it is virtually).

From what I have gathered of reading other people's posts, we are all avid travelers and find what makes us happy. SandraLynn Team Florent! has gone to a cooking class. Whereas I have walked the markets and taken virtual chances with the street food. She has also taken a hot air balloon ride. I prefer my feet on the ground.
BlueMoon and I had a wonderful time wandering the night market in Cambodia. I even enticed her to dance with me! She told me about going to the landmine museum. I could not bring myself to go to that... it seemed too depressing and stark.

We saw Lyn's a sly fox having one of those fishy foot massages and we both cringed. Lyn was giggling away, but I couldn't help but think it didn't feel right. It reminded me of an eposide of Bones when I body floats up our of the water... no thank you. Sandra Lynn mentioned the hospital visit she'd heard about and that nailed the idea closed.

We've kayaked. We've biked. We'd hiked and trekked. There have been planes, trains, and tuk tuks and quite possibly a car. At least one of our group took a hot air balloon!

I look forward to further adventures. Way to go Lyn's a sly fox ! You rock!


BCOF Insignia

Blogging Circle of Friends

Prompt: Pick one of these fun places and write about it. Experience Thailand With These 10 Things To Do In Pak Chong! - Updated 2020 https://trip101.com/article/things-to-do-pak-chong

Thailand is most famous for its beaches, nightlife, and Thai heritage. Nature has also blessed this country with some of the most important National Parks. The Khao Yai National Park was the first national park in the country. Area wise, it is the third largest national park of Bangkok.

The city Pak Chong is mostly famous for its proximity to the Khao Yai National Park. It is the gateway of the Khao Yai National Park as well as one of the main tourist cities. Pak Chong is located in the western end of the district named Nakhon Ratchasima Province.

I opted to come to the park instead of the zoo, in favour of more authentic wildlife viewings. Many creatures call Khao Yai National Park home. Macaques are very easy to spot, often descending on parking areas to try and steal food from visitors and rummage through litter. Watch out for snatch-and-run attempts on your bottles of water when hiking around the national park!

Deer, otters, and gibbons are also fairly common sights, along with numerous species of reptile, butterfly, and snake. Whilst some of the park’s snakes are harmless, be aware that you may come across huge pythons and venomous cobras. I am wearing boots and long pants just in case.

Bird-spotting is fun, with many varieties of birds flying through the skies, hopping amongst the branches, and scuttling through the undergrowth. If you want to see a mighty hornbill in the wild in Thailand, this is one of the best places to do so. I brought my binoculars and my camera.

Tigers no longer seem to live in Khao Yai National Park, although they do roam around neighbouring national parks. Bears, on the other hand, still live in the large mountainous jungle. I will be careful.

Khao Yai National Park has a sizeable elephant population, and sightings are becoming more common.
https://trip101.com/article/discover-thailand-s-fascinating-and-diverse-khao-yai...


© Copyright 2020 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990431-Pak-Chong-Thailand---Blogging-World-Tour