*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990448-Do-not-collect-anything-but-rubbish-Thailand-Warning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#990448 added August 10, 2020 at 2:31pm
Restrictions: None
"Do not collect anything but rubbish." Thailand Warning
Day 10 Pak Chong, Thailand:
         
         
         
         
         Ten fun days of exploration and we're still on speaking terms. What vast extremes we've subjected ourselves to as we've wandered. Never did I imagine myself sleeping under the stars in Antarctica, or kayaking amongst iceberg sentinels. In the wilds of Australia, I experienced the desolate desert and the lushness of palm trees surrounded by brilliant flowers. It's a land of contrasts. I've been jostled on a train named after cameleers. I've been suspended in a cable car, soared in a small plane, wobbled on a bike, meandered through gorgeous parks, relaxed on a sight-seeing bus, hiked, mined for opals, avoided an arrest for theft, cuddled a cute joey, thrown a boomerang, shared silly songs 'round a blazing campfire, and binged on local delicacies. Whew! That guaranteed non-weight gain is still lingering from Antarctica. I'm on the move and the weight cannot keep up with me. In Cambodia, I bounced around in a tuk tuk, learned to cook as a native, reveled in the luxury of a Rolls Royce, and soared weightless, again, in a hot air balloon. Keep the adventure rolling!
         My feet have landed in Thailand today. They have behaved admirably during this whirlwind jaunt. I'm not certain, but I've heard the refrain, " these feet are made for walkin' " shadowing me.
         My eyes were stunned by the vision that is the Kensington English Garden Resort Khao Yai. I do not banter the word lush about, but this hotel site epitomizes that word. The manicured green lawns, trees, topiaries, red and pink roses exude gorgeousness. This complex is vast with pathways and fountains. I salute the gardeners and surely there must be a team.
         I noticed that bikes are offered for the use of patrons. Hmmm, perhaps I can persuade my fellow boggers / travelers to explore the area. We will be a bike posse?
         Our first foray of the day takes us to Bonanza Exotic Zoo. Okay, with our entry fee we were given two boxes of carrots, not to munch on, but to proffer to the animals. I've never been so close to giraffes before. Here I stared from a raised platform, but these magnificent beasts are still much taller than moi. During my saunter, I espied tigers, white lions, llamas, meerkats, and orangutans. The fluttering birds are bright jewels amongst the greenery.
          Lyn's a sly fox has arranged for us to visit and picnic at Haew Suwat waterfall. Woohoo, ogling and eating! The hotel staff are kind enough to pack some life-sustaining snacks and they smell divine. We will not starve with corn fritters, Thai shrimp lettuce wraps, Thai spring rolls, chicken satay party sticks, Thai fried ribs and Thai fish cakes.
          The hike into the park to view the two waterfalls, or twins is a short one from the parking lot. To access the base of the falls we creep slowly down a set of too many steps. At the bottom of our descent, we stumble amongst slippery boulders that test our balance. A guide has warned all of us, "no swimming." Um, yep, that's a practical plan. I could not help but consider the possibility of tumbling into the lagoon. I had my defense ready. Oh, me? I'm not swimming. Technically, I am thrashing, floundering and flailing.
         During my brief stay here in Thailand I have noted the questionable English displayed on warning signs. The Falls' signage warns "Do not collect anything but rubbish." Sure, I'm a tourist, but I prefer to collect fabulous pics and memories NOT garbage. Yes, I understand the intent of this wording. Yes, English is not the first language spoken here. Yes, I will not litter.
         Um, er, Lyn's a sly fox another sign admonishes "Do not bring food to eat around waterfall." Not that I wish to dine precariously perched on the slimy rocks. Of course, we will find a more suitable dining spot. I'm tired of yelling over the falls' roar anyway. We will picnic near the falls. Our appetites will be voracious after we ascend all of those steps anyway.
         WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 Apondia 💙 Carly Prosperous Snow celebrating BlueMoon Lyn's a sly fox gulp... another sign warns "Beware of wild elephants." Do you think our choice of picnic delicacies will attract them? Did anyone save a few of the carrots from the zoo? Could we toss them as bait into the jungle?

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990448-Do-not-collect-anything-but-rubbish-Thailand-Warning