*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990511-Toodling-Around-the-Bay
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990511 added August 11, 2020 at 10:19am
Restrictions: None
Toodling Around the Bay
Halong Bay, Vietnam

We're doing a 2 day/2night cruise Day 11 and Day 12 will be in Halong Bay.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g293924-d20211050-Halong_bay...

Kayaking, swimming on the beach. learning how to make Vietnamese spring rolls and after dinner squid fishing.

Let your imagination get carried away, discuss what fun things you've experienced.


owl for signature use


I think at home spring rolls could contain a variety of vegetables, your choice. I like rice so the recipe I chose had rice, shrimp, peanuts, garlic, and some mint and basil. The shrimp could be substituted with salmon or another type of fish. The herbs could be substituted to something you like the flavor of mixed with rice and fish. Making spring rolls is fun and not really difficult. Remember use fresh lettuce leaves when you roll the ingredients together. And, precook the fish and rice.

Even the cook was laughing at our attempts to make a perfect roll. At least we did not end up in a food fight.

The upper deck of the cruise ship is outfitted with green grass carpet which makes me think of sunning myself on a large lawn. We have been so busy during the day. We jumped into (well boarded is a better word) kayaks and visited a village where there was a hike up, up, up a mountainous island to view the world from above.

The bay is full of cruise ships, small and large, from up here you can see the smaller fishing boats.

The villages harvest pearl oysters from the harbor. I think Blue Moon will have an opal setting with small pearls in a ring when she gets home. This is a gem of a vacation. Australian Opals and Viet Namese pearls must be a story in there somewhere.

Caving wasn't such a problem. The way in was a path laid out for tourists. Just walking around in the cave was an education about formations under ground.

Back in the kayaks we boarded a floating village. The residents were happy to get a couple dollars as a gift. They had a dog out there. The village is inhabited year round. The residents build plank type paths from place to place on it. Think of living there and providing all your physical needs on a floating house. This is a whole village of people.

Just this week a house boat sank off Presque Isle in Erie, Pa. I saw it on the news. The owners had gone ashore to shop. In an interview they said they had been living on the house boat for many years without a problem. People with no how raced in to save the boat. I guess they were able to stop the sinking and someday it will be fully upright again. They did find the reason it went down.

Back on the cruise ship I went topside to sit in a lounge chair with a good book waiting to watch the sun go down. As the cruise continued around and through the bay I watched the many large rock formations. I bet lots of different birds use them for nesting. I'm surprised people have not built small homes on them. Sandra Lyn and Lyn had some good ideas about what a house on a rock formation should look like. I hope I get up early enough to come up here and watch the sun rise. It's bound to be spectacular.












apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990511-Toodling-Around-the-Bay