*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990587-Caves
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990587 added August 12, 2020 at 10:25am
Restrictions: None
Caves
30 day Halong Bay, we're going for an up-close look at its amazing limestone islands, rock formations and caves. Whittled away over centuries by wind and water, they’re breathtaking.

Today we're going to see Sung Sot Cave (Surprised Cave) and Titop island

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g293923-d17475877-Halong_Bay...

https://indochinatravelblog.com/tag/sung-sot-cave-wikipedia

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g293923-Activities-c57-t54-Halong_Bay_Qu...

Discuss what you've learned and what you felt seeing the pictures.

owl for signature use *Bat1*


There are over a thousand of those mountainous limestone objects in the Halong Bay. The waters of the bay are quite peaceful. This makes paddling and kayaking a nice way to travel.

One of the formations is TiTov Island. It has a special white beach known for its beauty and is a special spot for tourists. Ho Chi Minh and Gherman Titov visited the island together in 1962. Titov is a Russian cosmonaut and Ho Chi Minh honored his visit by naming the island after him. It is now called Ti Top Island.

Between 510-470 B.C. there was a lot of tectonic plate movement in the area. It helped along with weather pattern changes over many years to form the limestone mountains which are now rising all over the bay. This is where many caves are found as well as on the local islands.

Sun Sot Cave, which is located on Bo Hon Island is one of the most visited caves. The French named it surprise cave because they liked how beautiful it was to them. There have recently been more caves discovered.

The 100 steps up to the cave and the limestone walkways inside the cave made me laugh because of the short story I wrote yesterday describing such steps and walkways. I wrote the story before I went to the cave.

The lighting of the cave is very beautiful. It plays with the cave objects creating artistic thoughts. Now, if one of the animals I see is a stag, what will I think then? The Viet Namese are artistic people with active, playful minds to have created the stories of armies, and animals protecting this cave. If I was really there I think it would be fun to keep track of the objects in a reality based way to compare what it is suppose to be with what I might see.

A camera would be handy to come back with pictures of the cave to study later.

What I felt as I went through the cave on the YouTube Lyn posted was how interesting the cave display was. I felt the coolness of the air. I felt the reverberation of sound as people walked through the cave discussing objects. It was sound waves bouncing around in an otherwise densely quiet atmosphere.

The air flow inside a cave without tourists would be ancient. Only moved around by wildlife or moving organic beings of some sort. One thing I did not notice was real live cave dwellers in this cave. so, I'm left with the question of what actually inhabits these caves of Halong Bay besides tourists? I also have some questions of about density of limestone mountains and material use of limestone? Ah! Curiosity is always extending the questions?

Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990587-Caves