*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990665-Walk-Across-the-Gorge-on-Swinging-Bridge
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990665 added August 13, 2020 at 10:49am
Restrictions: None
Walk Across the Gorge on Swinging Bridge
This prompt is for both 30 day and BCoF groups. So it will count if you have discussed different things in each post. EX. say in 30 day you discussed yoga and wellness treatment.For it to content you will need to discuss something different like maybe exploring the tibetan massage therapy and art classes or cooking classes.

Fairy playing a flute *Dog2*


Paro airport is one of the most dangerous landing sites for aircraft in the world. It is surrounded by 18,000 foot high peaks. Only 8 pilots in the world are qualified to land at this airport.

You can take a taxi to the beginning point of Tiger's Nest monastery called Paksan. From the starting point of trail to the monastery you can purchase a hiking stick made of bamboo or take a donkey up the trail. It is a long steep trek. At least part of the two lane trail is mountain on one side and drop off down the mountain on the other.

Because of the altitude it is recommended that you spend a couple days in Bhutan getting used to the elevation. Elevation sickness symptoms can range from mild headaches to memory loss, poor judgement, or just decreased perceptions of reality.

Once at the Tiger's Nest, which is a beautifully built section of buildings which appear to be glued to the side of a mountain like a postage stamp glued to an envelope. Cameras are not allowed inside the building. I was told that there is an actual cave inside which would be a cave into the mountain possibly was at one time a Tiger's habitat?

I spent some time looking around Bhutan. It seems to be a land of extremes. Either you are in a rocky flat place or forested area. They grow wheat. After the stocks are harvested they separate the wheat kernel from the stock with a small foot run turning drum. The houses are 3 storied with the ground level being a habitat for the family animals.

I was amazed at the wide variety of dogs that are kept. Dogs of all sizes and breeds seem to roam freely around although most seem to have a basic family or person to whom they are attached. Dogs and people are friendly.

I was curious about how the altitude affects people who live here all their lives. The altitude actually reduces the risk of heart disease. The low oxygen of the altitude spurs the body to create blood vessels which keep the heart supplied with needed nutrients.

There is a peacefulness here and a simplicity of life that is often envied. At the end of the day I return to Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary to take part in group yoga and spend some time in mindfulness meditation..

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990665-Walk-Across-the-Gorge-on-Swinging-Bridge