*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990704-Paro-Valley-Bhutan---Blogging-World-Tour
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#990704 added August 13, 2020 at 10:52pm
Restrictions: None
Paro Valley, Bhutan - Blogging World Tour

For the 30-Day Blogging Challenge and Blogging Circle Of Friends to use.


WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
30 Day Blogging Challenge

I don't know about you but I'm needing some quiet time, we've been with a lot of people. There are many things available for you to explore. Discuss what works for you.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g321541-d14994126-Reviews-Bhutan_Spirit...
Bhutan, a Buddhist kingdom on the Himalayas’ eastern edge, is known for its monasteries, fortresses (or dzongs) and dramatic landscapes that range from subtropical plains to steep mountains and valleys. In the High Himalayas, peaks such as 7,326m Jomolhari are popular trekking destinations. Paro Taktsang monastery (also known as Tiger’s Nest) clings to cliffs above the forested Paro Valley.
Imagine a place of tranquility and beauty. A place where you connect to yourself and all that surrounds you; body, mind and spirit. This is the newly opened (August 2018) Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary, located high in the beautiful Neyphu valley in Paro. We are a 5+ star boutique resort, aiming to create a lasting positive change in our guests’ daily lives. As guests in our home experience what ‘Inspirational Hospitality’ means to us. We are the only well-being inclusive property in Bhutan, which means all services are included in our room rates. From all meals and snacks to all drinks and minibar (only excluding alcohol) to individually designed well-being programs, including a consult with the traditional medicine doctor, yoga/meditation classes, as well as a wide variety of wellness treatments such as Kunye (Tibetan massage therapy) and Hot Oil Compression. Enjoy many more complimentary services such as art classes, cooking classes, and short excursions surrounding our Sanctuary.


First thing I needed to do was check a map and I see that Bhutan is east of Nepal and north of Bangladesh. It is south of China. Intriguing. Another place of beauty.

Our hotel - https://bhutanspiritsanctuary.com/ was relaxing just to walk and explore the grounds and my room. It was not long before I found myself in the infinity pool letting the stress of travel slip away. Some yoga and meditation sessions also helped me re-balance after all the traveling we've been doing.


TIGER’S NEST
I was intrigued by this place. After my swim and sessions of yoga, I headed off to trek to the world famous Tiger’s Nest, a Buddhist monastery high up in the mountains, and only a 45 minute car ride from the Sanctuary. Our guides were amazing.
After our intense hike, I took them up on their recommendation for a herbal hot stone bath in the Sanctuary. I later enjoyed more yoga and some time to meditate.

"Paro Taktsang, is a prominent Himalayan Buddhist sacred site and the temple complex is located in the cliffside of the upper Paro valley in Bhutan. A temple complex was first built in 1692, around the Taktsang Senge Samdup cave where Guru Padmasambhava is said to have meditated for Four Months in the 8th century. Padmasambhava is credited with introducing Buddhism to Bhutan and is the tutelary deity of the country. Today, Paro Taktsang is the best known of the thirteen taktsang or "tiger lair" caves in which he meditated. The temple devoted to Padmasambhava is an elegant structure built around the cave in 1692 by Gyalse Tenzin Rabgye. It has become the cultural icon of Bhutan."

BCOF Insignia

Blogging Circle of Friends

Day 2827

The hotel offers many "CLASSES". I avoided the cooking classes in favour of the art studio. I tried my hand in a pottery class where we could take home our hand-made ceramics. I sent mine knowing it would not make the rest of my journey. I also tried painting and couldn't wait to capture the essence of the place in watercolour. Some of our group were interested in the traditional Bhutanese sports such as darts and archery in the apple orchard,but I opted out of that as well. My activity was saved for the hike to Tiger's Nest.

I also loved to spending time in "The Library". I found a quiet little corner full of light where I could write and explore the varied collection of books and magazines on well-being, meditation, yoga, mindfulness and travelling. Such an elegant place, decorated by wall covering tapestries of the former Bhutanese kings.

The "Tea Bar" was also be a welcome spot. It is a restaurant that offers over 20 herbal infused teas, each focusing on a different aspect of balance between the body-mind-spirit. The restaurant team gladly informs guests about the benefits of each tea. This was both informative and lovely.



© Copyright 2020 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990704-Paro-Valley-Bhutan---Blogging-World-Tour