*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990764-Agra-India
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990764 added August 14, 2020 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
Agra India
We're staying at the Grand Imperial while we're in Agra.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297683-d671997-Reviews-The_Grand_Imper...

30 day:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g304551-d15008778-Taj_Mahal_...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_Mahal

Everyone says this is the gem of India, what are your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=665AHTNpf2o

We're dining at Tea'se Me a recoomended place to see Agra at night from the roof top restaurant.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g297683-d7789920-Reviews-Tea_se_Me...

signature dancing owl *BareTree2* {/center

Mausoleum


Agra is a city on the banks of the Yamuna river.It has wonderful shopping bazaars,and majestic gardens. The Jama Masid mosque is located here. It is one of the largest mosques in India. The Taj Mahal is one of it's main tourist sites.

The Yamuna river is a tributary of the Ganga. It originates from the Yamunotri Glacier. The river is polluted. Some parts of it are considered ecologically dead. The Indian government does have an ecologist C.R. Babu who is helping the government to develop better rivers.

The Taj Mahal in India is a mausoleum for the 5th Mughal Emperor and his wife, Shah Jahan. Its very intricately designed and a beautiful building. It's however a tomb. Only one of his wives are buried in the tomb. I guess you have to be very important on the earth to rate this kind of burial place. It is a blend of Persian, Indian, and Islamic architecture and built of marble. Its a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Considering, I will probably be cremated and no one will even remember me after a few days or months. I'm guessing Taj Mahal may have a spiritual interest as well.

There is another Taj Mahal. It is located on Randolph Air Force Base in Universal City, Texas. Which is near San Antonio. It is the headquarters for the 12th Flying Training Wing. It is a similar architecture to the one in India and also a very beautiful building. It was built in 1931. In 1987 it was added to the national register of historic places.

One of the differences in the two buildings is a water pool in the front of the building in India. The building in Texas has water located in the dome at the top of the building.

Dinner at Tea'se Mae was scrumptious. I enjoyed the setting which is especially modern. I ordered baked fish, pearl millet rice with a sauce and it was served with a flat bread. We had a lot of vegetarian options here. I really like turmeric and the pepper that is used in Indian food. Hot climates often have spicy foods because the spices help keep the food from spoiling. The people grow up with it so they are used to eating the types of spicy food we will experience on this trip. We can always fly back to Antarctica to cool off. *Laugh* I finished my meal with a cup of Masala Chai tea. The ingredients are black tea mixed with cinnamon, cardamon, black peppercorns, and other spices. It is suppose to aide digestion, boost heart health, and lower blood sugar levels. A nice ending to the day.




© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990764-Agra-India