*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991308-sail-away-with-me
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#991308 added August 21, 2020 at 6:04pm
Restrictions: None
sail away with me
BCoF: We're doing a mystery bus tour. You get to put your thinking cap on and write a flash fiction ghost story. 100 words or less.
https://www.capetownmagazine.com/events/mystery-ghost-bus-haunted-tour-in-cape-t...
the bonus surprise of the day is actually our hotel. Wait until you see this incredible pool. We're staying here tomorrow too so don't worry about missing out on the amenities.
{/c

Fairy playing a flute *Guitar*


We stopped at Rugby Jocks for a light beverage to see us through the night. As we exited the pub I noticed two pencil thin lights meandering away through the night. This started out near Bishops Court.

We had a quick crowd conference. Blue moon, Hullabaloo, Sandra Lyn, Carla--yeah and lynn and Fivesixer. There was a short argument but all agreed on one thing--the lights were definitely moving with purpose. So, we followed them. I thought I could see faint outlines of human forms but, I wasn't sure. As we approached the Ponce City Market the electricity in street lights started flashing on and off. After we entered the market it leveled out but, the lights were dimmer.

I noticed a book stall called books and booze. We entered. There were second hand books of all types as we were browsing through the shelves a large snap cracked in the air near the door.

Hey! those lights just left.

We all sprinted toward the door at once. Sure enough outside the lights were traveling swiftly in a northerly direction. We were headed toward Rosebank and the artist district of the city.

The pace was swift and I was sure I could see the forms of two people it looked like the lights were attached the back of their heads. But, that can't be right because the lights were trailing the forms like streamers in a breezy night. Carla agreed. Then we lost them.

Didn't matter cause we were too busy looking over the street art and visiting the ZeitZ Museum of contemporary African Art. This was going to take awhile because there are lots of smaller art museums here as well as some great places to catch a meal and we were hungry, The night wasn't getting any younger.



I had to stick my head into different shops and art exhibits to round up the group again. Mainly because I noticed the lights down one street headed west toward the coast. Everyone agreed we should keep following, so off we went jogging for a few minutes until we could get them firmly in sight again.

Into a wide beautifully paved plaza right into the center of town. Museums here as well. We stood in awe at the architectural grandness of the different museums and buildings that surrounded the plaza. It would take more than the time we had on this night to visit all these tourist sites. And anyway the wispy lights were on the move again headed for Beach Road. Did they stop? No. The lights jumped upon the top of a passing vehicle and went sailing away. We stood dumbfounded in the middle of the road. A passing motorist stopped to question us. All of us at once pointed at the lights riding on top of the swiftly moving car.

I know what that is jump in he motioned so we all piled into his little truck. The truck swung swiftly into the fast moving traffic and we sailed through china town, then on through Mini Tel Aviv, down to Sea Point.




Now, just ahead of us the two people attached to the lights were more clearly seen. They left the top of the car they had been riding and sailed skyward straight out to sea. By now, we had tumbled out of the little truck, all running toward the harbor point staring at the crazy thing we were watching. Blue Moon started jumping up and down pointing at the ocean.

Ship, Ship, she cried.

Sure enough two sailors were boarding a ship which bobbed and danced on the heavy ocean waves. It's full sails dancing in the wind seemed to beckon "Come aboard." It made me shiver.

The truck driver had parked his vehicle and walked over to us.

Looks like it might be the Birkenhead HMS he stated as he stared out at the sea. Sank in 1842. There were 643 people on board. Only 193 made it to shore. Of course we starred at the ship; then. at our new found guide of ghost ships.

See, every once in awhile the ghost ships return to the cape. He shrugged. I don't know why just to see the sights I guess. Can I give you a ride to anywhere?


Merit Badge in Travel
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for being such a marvelous travelling companion.




© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991308-sail-away-with-me