*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991500-A-Progress-Report
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#991500 added August 24, 2020 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
A Progress Report
Today, as part of my silly Spider-Man project, I posted Part 3 of the three-episode Season One finale. Tomorrow, I'll be posting Episode 1 of Season Two. In the meantime I can brag that I've finally reached the end of Phase One.

My plan (to reiterate) is to compose my own version of the comic's "Superior Spider-Man" arc without seeing how the IRL-series did it. But because I was dissatisfied with the way the IRL-series set up characters and conflicts and histories, I decided to make my own continuity. So, starting from Season 1, Episode 1, I've been writing detailed treatments of my own version of the series. I started the project a year ago, and after long stops and short starts, I have now finished all that prep work. I now have treatments for twenty-five Season One episodes, and treatments for thirteen Season Two episodes. I have brought my series up to the point where the "Superior Spider-Man" arc can start.

And that's where I'm going to leave it for a bit. I'm pooped.

Episodes 1 through 13 will appear one day at a time over the next, um, thirteen days, but I'm going to go back to BoM while that's happening. I won't resume publishing until Masktrix finishes the 15-chapter arc I commissioned from him, but between now and then I'll be working on new things in the BoM universe. I've accepted a commission to write some chapters in "The Wandering Stars"; after that I'll probably do something for myself. And then we'll see.

Right now, though, I want to crawl into a hole and sleep. The last three days in particular have been grueling, as I've clambered toward the end. There is a novel's worth of words in this project, and right now I feel like every single one of them was a punch to my rib cage.

© Copyright 2020 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991500-A-Progress-Report