*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991533-Learning-Morocco
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#991533 added August 25, 2020 at 7:49am
Restrictions: None
Learning Morocco
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293734-d1676197-Reviews-Royal_Mansour_...

All I can say, is we've been very lucky when it comes to hotels thus far but no sleeping in for us because we have a hot air balloon ride
at sunrise. We have an extended check out so we'll be hanging here until our flight.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g293734-d15305958-Hot_Air_Ba...

After our hot air balloon we're going shopping.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g293734-d15000784-Marrakech_...

30 day write a poem or write a story about your adventures in Marrakech.

Fairy playing a flute *BalloonB*


The Royal Mansour Marrakech is touring in the way a wealthy sheik would tour. It's what my mind thinks is very Arab. It's also very understandable. This is a desert place. Sand everywhere. We surround ourselves with water, rugs, and walls that will keep us cool and provide the moisture we need to survive the elements. Luxury that makes us human in an alien landscape of sand and sun. A human element necessary for our species to survive.

Our first meal of the day is offered in a large beautifully laid out tent. The floor is a covering of colorful rugs laid out in lovely patterns. Individual food tables are laid out by comfortable cushions.

Early morning ballooning gives us a view of the countryside. Marrakech Dream Ballooning is putting up many balloons this morning. They rise into the air with the sun that is just peaking over the horizon. We learned on another balloon trip this month that early morning ballooning is done at times when the air currents are the most stable which is early in the day.

During the trip we rise above the clouds for awhile. The clouds below us are a complete covering, fluffy and white. Now we can have dreams of walking on clouds. When we are low enough to the ground we see large expanses of sandy ground.

There is green here in places. Man made oasis type gardens and irrigated cultivation. Morocco people grow vegetables, sugar beets, sugar cane, cereal crops, citrus, olives, almonds, grapes, dates, animal forage and other crops. They also raise sheep and other farming animals. In reality, the year 2020 brought a serious drought. Some fields that would have other wise been harvested have been given over to animal forage.

The sky around us is actually filled with different multicolored balloons. Other atmosphere sailors enjoying the early morning flight, like a flock of birds on the wing.
The colors of the sky that surround us are oranges,yellows,lavenders,and blue as the sun slowly ascends.

We ascend and return in time to tour the markets. The spices and herbs are here in sacks. Rugs, baskets, and bolts of material all in brightly dyed colors, with designs woven into the merchandise. I buy goat milk cheese, dates, and grapes to take back to our private residence, our own Moroccan riad.

Blue Moon, Lyn, WakeUpAndLive, and I hopped in a horse drawn carriage for a nighttime tour. This is a peaceful way to see the city. We passed through Medina and saw newer districts too. Jemaa el-Friaa Square was a blast of colored lights and people shopping at night. At some parts of the city the carriage was followed by child artists, running along side, showing us their artwork hoping we will buy something.

There are camel rides here too.

Later some of us took a large taxi to a restaurant called M Rooftop. The service was friendly and social. We had choices of many vegetable dishes. It was a fine place to eat.

Morocco is considered a peaceful safe place to visit. In today's news is an article about how they intend to increase their foray into wind energy. Also, is an article about Morocco's warrior women, a group of equestrian riders lead by Afrae Ben Bih who are expected to take honors in the countries traditional fantasia equestrian event.

We are having a visit to remember here.

Merit Badge in Travel
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for being such a marvelous travelling companion.




© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991533-Learning-Morocco