*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991552-Marrakech-Morocco---World-Blogging-Tour
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#991552 added August 25, 2020 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
Marrakech, Morocco - World Blogging Tour
For the 30-Day Blogging Challenge and Blogging Circle Of Friends to use.


WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Marrakech, Morocco
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293734-d1676197-Reviews-Royal_Mansour_...
All I can say, is we've been very lucky when it comes to hotels thus far but no sleeping in for us because we have a hot air balloon ride at sunrise. We have an extended check out so we'll be hanging here until our flight.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g293734-d15305958-Hot_Air_Ba...
After our hot air balloon we're going shopping.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g293734-d15000784-Marrakech_...
30DBC - write a poem or write a story about your adventures in Marrakech.


I emerge from my private residence, a traditional Moroccan Riad, into the darkness of Marrakech. We are bustled off to the sight where our hot air balloon awaits. From what I am seeing so far, I am beginning to miss the trees. The lushness of shade is just not here.

I can't say the experience is as breathtaking as in Tanzania, but it is lovely to see the views and watch the sun rise up over the horizon. The breakfast was quite good... a new taste experience for me. I am not the spiciest of people, but some of these spices are very good. I make sure to source them out when we ventured into the market later.

I do like the architecture of the place. Moroccan. Our hotel is full of the intricate details and designs. The market was a feast for the eyes - colours, so vibrant I had to pick out at least one blanket - which I may have to hang as a tapestry of memory.

I made sure to purchase some of the spices. I just hope I can smuggle them back home. I pick up a woven basket bag for my mother. I also find us each a pair of slippers. I even find a beautifully designed tagine pot which I could not pass up. I even found a leather briefcase that would be great... not that I need it, but the price was right and it looks fabulous. I will surely have to send this stuff home packaged up really well.

Visiting Marrakech’s warren of souks was quite an experience. I could imagine that it’s easy to get lost in these colorful outdoor markets. Our local guide kept us all on track, steered us to the best artisans and shopkeepers, and shooed away the touts who tried to spoil our visit.





BCOF Insignia

Blogging Circle of Friends

Day 2839: August 25 Marrakech,Morocco
Prompt: Marrakech is a beautiful place. Look at Things to do in Marrakech https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g293734-Activities-Marrakech_Marrakech_T... and find something you think is beautiful. Why do you think it is beautiful?


https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g293734-d11989887-Atlas_Moun...

The idea of seeing snow on mountains when riding on camels was surreal. This is not what I think of when I think Morocco.

Exploring Morocco’s Atlas Mountains with a local guide enabled me and my party to interaction with Berber villagers. Enjoying a local lunch and tea ceremony in a Berber home.

On this day trip from Marrakech to the Atlas Mountains and Valleys, Berber Villages, Camel ride & Waterfalls you will see the most amazing and beautiful places: Atlas Mountains, Imlil Valley, Asni Valley, Amizmiz Valley, walk and visit around 9 Berber Villages, have tea with a Berber family and learn about their life, walk up to the waterfalls and see a wonderful views. visit to Argan women's cooperative. The tour started at 9:00 AM, from our hotel and ended back in Marrakech around 3 pm.

© Copyright 2020 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991552-Marrakech-Morocco---World-Blogging-Tour