*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991606-Brazil
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#991606 added August 26, 2020 at 8:28am
Restrictions: None
Brazil
phew, that flight was long. 20 hours on a plane. What a way to celebrate my 64th birthday.
We're going directly to our hotel and catching some much needed rest before we go out for dinner. This is a great time to recap your experiences thus far or do BCoF's prompts which I'm also sharing.
://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303322-d1507171-Reviews-Hotel_Royal_Tu...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g303322-d2348030-Reviews-Taypa_Sab...
BCoF Discuss some famous people from Brazil
https://www.gapyear.com/brazil/famous-people-from-brazil
or discuss favorite Brazilian food
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/top-10-foods-try-brazil
write a recap of our trip thus far.

signature dancing owl *SandDollar*


One of the interesting things about the trip is the world wide fight against covid 19. Everywhere we go people have put in place the known safety measures against the virus.

Even out two ventures into Balloon flight were invaded by the 6 foot between people and mask rules.

We visited so many port cities. I was enjoying the ocean views, sea birds, and walks on sandy beaches. Museums are another of the places I enjoy. This trip there were so many I could not visit each one.

Of course the shopping was sublime. There were bolts and bolts of colorful fabrics especially the silks from Viet Nam. And I can't forget the teas or special tea pots I saw. I came away with some websites where such buys can be found on line.

So many colorful gardens, it was easy to see many people from the countries we visited are trying to save plant species and animal species during this time, when the earth is experiencing major animal extinctions.

Today's News:

According to a recent associated Press article the USA ambassador to Brazil Tod Chapman is pushing a lift of tariffs on ethanol in order to influence voters in Iowa to favor President Trump in the upcoming election. He has become close to the Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro who seems to be a fan of President Trump.

Bolsonaro has been fighting a case of covid 19.

Link to full article:

https://apnews.com/9c7264968d377f263ba4e7664f56611b

The Hotel Royal Tulip Avorado has all the luxury anyone could want. After viewing the setting and the Building I was interested in the Architect. He must be famous for his work on this particular project. The architect for the design of the Royal Tulip is a German man named Joao Frederica Ludovice. Another famous building he designed is the Palace-of Mafra in Portugal. Ludovice has his own Wikipedia page.

As we were trying foods I gained a new recipe for Aji Green Sauce. However, I thought some Avocado added to a smaller amount of jalapeno chili would tone down the flavor to within an eatable spice range so I might try it my way.

Merit Badge in Travel
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for being such a marvelous travelling companion.


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991606-Brazil