*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991675-architectture
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#991675 added August 27, 2020 at 7:49am
Restrictions: None
architectture
30 day
Today's adventure is all about unusual architecture
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303322-d318131-Reviews-Catedral_M...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303322-d2349423-Reviews-Itamaraty...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303322-d2349446-Reviews-Templo_da...
Amazing designs, don't you agree? Which one appealed to you most, why? What's your favorite architecture near where you live?
Our BCoF people are planning our dinner this evening.

Manx Cat from Japan *Home*


The city of Brasilia was inaugurated as the capital of Brazil in 1960. There are a great many architectural wonders built in the city. On a tour of the city we saw modern buildings and sculptures.

The JK presidential memorial is a tall tower, with a sculpture on the top, representing the twenty first president of Brazil and the founder of Brazilia. The capital was moved to Brasilia in 1960 because it is more central to the entire country of Brazil.

The seat of the government, called the three powers is modern contemporary architecture. It was designed by Oscar Niemyer. Niemyer was 104 years old when he died in 2012. His designs depict certain types of essential ideology.

Within the acreage of the three powers are three buildings for Legislature, Executive, and Presidential parts of government. A sphere cut in half has one half with the dome up and one half with the dome down. The dome round part up is where bills are formed. The dome down is where bills are approved and move out to the public. The entire square is paved in white marble cobble stones. A sculpture design like a clothespin and one designed like two black homo sapien figures stand in the square. Oscar Neimyer designed the clothes pin type figure. The two black figures were designed by Bruno Giorgi.

Other Buildings:

The first church built in the city was Igrejino NS. De Fatima a small chapel designed like a nuns hat.

There is also a dove meant as a sign of peace building. The building houses a map of the city which is laid out in the form of an airplane and an eternal flame representing liberty.

Apartments built on columns like stilts.

A beautiful stadium has been constructed.

A high wide sea shell entry to a building used as the Brazilian Military and security site. (similar use of the building is like the pentagon in the USA}

The Dom Boxial Chapel is shaped like a crown with the seating area underground. It has Blue stained glass windows to depict the sky and White panes of glass to depict the stars. There are angel hanging from the ceiling along with large chandeliers.

One museum is designed to depict a space ship in a futuristic mode. Many of the buildings were designed by Oscar Niemyer. He is known for integrating into his designs large flowing ramps and walkways.

Because of its recent building spree to bring it into line, with the needs of a capital city Brasilia is a haven of beautiful architecture.

I don't really have a favorite architecture near where I live. Most buildings are square or rectangle in shape. Many are older with bricked sidings. I like living in an a-frame especially when some devastating storm goes whipping through because it feels solid in wind or winter blizzards.


Merit Badge in Travel
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for being such a marvelous travelling companion.








© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991675-architectture