*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991815-The-Last-Saturday-in-August-2020
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#991815 added August 29, 2020 at 3:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Last Saturday in August 2020
Jalal (Glory), 11 Asma (Names) 177 B.E. - Saturday, August 29, 2020

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2231: August is almost over and September is almost upon us, what are your plans? Are you participating in this years 20th anniversary celebration here on WDC? Or are you working on something special in your life? New goals?

What are my plans for September? I plan to celebrate WDC's 20th anniversary by participating in the contests. I don't know how many of the contests I'll enter, I will attempt to enter more than I have been. I have other things I want to finish before the end of 2020, which I will focus on after September is over. Right now, I just want to enjoy WDC's birthday celebration and get out of the yo-yo depression I'm experiencing at to moment. I'm slowly getting my focus back. I hope to have it back completely by the end of the month.


Meditation on the Long Healing Prayer

"He is the Healer, the Sufficer, the Helper, the All-Forgiving, the All-Merciful."1

I meditate the Names of God,
that Baha'u'llah inscribed in the verses
of the Long Healing prayer.

Since this is the beginning of a new week (for me), I decided to do something a little different. I listened to an hour's presentation about the relationship of the Long Healing prayer--revealed by Baha'u'llah--and the metaphysics of unity. That helped me to refocus my attention and inspired the above poem. Therefore, when I feel my focus going, I will listen to one of the prayers that I can access on YouTube or read one or more from my prayer book or the app on my phone.

Footnotes
1  First verse or invocation at the beginning of The Long Healing prayer http://www.bahaiprayers.org/healing6.htm.


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991815-The-Last-Saturday-in-August-2020