*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992361-Leftover-From-Childhood
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#992361 added September 4, 2020 at 3:35pm
Restrictions: None
Leftover From Childhood
Istiqlal (Independence), 17 Asma (Names) 177 B.E. - Friday, September 4, 2020

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2849: "The words with which a child’s heart is poisoned, whether through malice or through ignorance, remain branded in his memory, and sooner or later they burn his soul.” ― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Do you agree or disagree? Did something happen as a child that influenced your actions as an adult?

I have lots of issues from words and events that occurred during my childhood. Some of the words were said out of ignorance of what they would do to me. Some of them was the results of bullying. Some occurred because the people who should have protected me didn't. In the past, I attempted to write blog entries or poem about those incidents, or just push them to the back of my mind while attempting to get on with my life.


Writing about those issues helped me deal with them, to a certain extent. Pushing them to the back of my mind, just caused them to popup later and throw me into a loop of depression. Now, at 73, I have decided that the best way to deal with them, when they raise their ugly heads, is through prayer and meditation. Afterwards, if my intuition suggests that I write about them, I write something about them. Almost every human being in the world today has crap leftover from their childhood that they have to deal with directly, indirectly, or let fester in their subconscious mind until it explodes.

Let go,
and let God
handle it.



© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992361-Leftover-From-Childhood