*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992797-Its-A-Game-1977-Bay-City-Rollers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Music · #2231732
A very long serial novel running from 1974 to 1987, plus sequel and prequel.
#992797 added September 8, 2020 at 4:55pm
Restrictions: None
It's A Game (1977) Bay City Rollers


It's A Game (1977) Written by Chris Adams, Performed by the Bay City Rollers



Susie is very straight-forward and honest, and while helping "her band," as she calls Raucous, she finds herself very uncomfortable having to manipulate the image and hide the truth in order to play the game that is the big world of music.

The Bay City Rollers also happen to be the inspiration for the series, way back when. Yes, I was a huge fan. I still am. Their music was fun at first, turned deep and introspective, and they were much better musicians than the critics gave them credit for.

Anyway, after creating the characters fully through my teen years and early twenties after they disappeared from view (or at least from my view) and having much of the story written, I did happen to meet and talk with a couple of them. I can easily say that although many of the issues in the story are echoed from real life (as I think all good novels should), and although there are borrowed names and some coincidences, such as: in the story, Duncan's sister's name is Laura and he calls her Laurie, while, years after that had been written, unbeknownst to this author, the actual Duncan who takes over as lead singer in the late 70s marries a band follower named Laurie, the characters and actual musicians have very little in common. It is fiction. The characters are who they need to be for the story and nothing more. Only a couple of names were borrowed and a couple adapted, as a tribute.

It is, after all, just a game.

----------

This is entry #4 for
FORUM
Barrel of Monkeys  (E)
An annual interlinked musical blogging challenge! Starts every September 1st.
#1987725 by Jeff

© Copyright 2020 Voxxylady (UN: voxxylady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Voxxylady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992797-Its-A-Game-1977-Bay-City-Rollers