*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
15
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993354-I-Need-To-Set-a-Me-Time-Alarm
by Ned
Rated: 13+ · Book · Entertainment · #2199980
Thoughts destined to be washed away by the tides of life.
#993354 added September 14, 2020 at 5:48pm
Restrictions: None
I Need To Set a "Me Time" Alarm
I guess I am getting lazy. Used to be, I woke up every day at 5:00 am. Had to get the kids off to school. But now that they've moved on from school years and into adulthood, they don't need a human alarm clock. Without something as pressing as a bus schedule to provide the proper incentive to rise early, I have been slowly adding to my morning snoozes, a little at a time, year by year.

I stayed in bed until 7:00 this morning. Laziness!

In addition to getting my coffee later and later every day, I am managing to get out of bed just in time for people to start calling me on the phone or dropping by to visit me.

It began with a phone call from my brother, followed up quickly by a phone call from my sister. Some of the things she was telling me made me concerned for her health, so I called my brother back. My sister decided to come to my house to visit and arrived shortly thereafter, during which time my brother called me again.

My sister's visits are exhausting because she is hard of hearing and sustaining the right volume, pitch and enunciation to communicate with her burns about the same number of calories as a 30 minute Jazzercize class. There were some issues she needed my help with, and even though she arrived while I was still in my nightgown, I did my best to deal with these issues which ranged from health, to faulty technology and her bank statement. By the time she left, it was half past lunch.

I didn't get lunch, though, because it was time for another phone call from my brother. It's exhausting to explain our sister's visits and issues.

It was really more harrowing than I can relate here as I don't want to be insulting about family members who probably consider me to be just as impossible as I consider them to be. That's what family is - a group of impossible people who care enough about each other to put up with each other despite how impossible they all are.

Suffice it to say my day involved two visits from my sister and six phone calls from my brother and that the part of the day where I roam about WDC and decide what to write and where did not start until well after 4:00 PM.

Then I decided to write weekly goals.

Now, I think I need to add one more.

I need to make getting up at 4:00 AM a goal. At least I would get in a couple of hours of quality time with my coffee before the phone starts ringing.

© Copyright 2020 Ned (UN: nordicnoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ned has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993354-I-Need-To-Set-a-Me-Time-Alarm