*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993934-Flowers-and-Hope
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#993934 added September 22, 2020 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
Flowers and Hope
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: “The earth laughs in flowers,” says Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Which flowers do you like and why do you think people like flowers so much?


---

The day before yesterday, my daughter-in-law brought me a lovely bouquet of roses for no reason at all. I think this is the best reason, this no-reason thing. It delighted me to no end. So, every time I pass by that vase, I stop and smell the roses and I admire their petals, scent, and colors.

Roses are one of my favorite flowers. Probably I like their thorns, too, as it is the thorns that feed and keep alive the roses. Just like the thorns in our lives that teach us and make us grow.

Yet, I like all flowers. Daisies, for example. Those that grow free, flouncing and curving, in the wilderness or in rows in a garden.

In the Victorian era, the language of flowers was the in-thing as it was uttered in symbols and silence. The frivolity of the idea, especially for us word-people, added to the frivolity of corseted fashions now seem to be empty and meaningless, but would we think this if we were to have lived in those times? I don’t believe so. I imagine we would take those symbols to heart and converse with one another through gifts of flowers.

Come to think of it, getting and giving flowers wouldn’t be such a bad thing, would it?

Then, imagine what would happen, if in the election ads, the opposing parties handed one another flower bouquets…I think, for my part, I wouldn’t turn off the TV when such ads were to pop up. And that would be an improvement for everyone concerned.



*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Jenn Webster ’s "Invalid Item "But for right now, I would very much like to know: Which symbol of hope would very best represent the calendar year of 2021, in which we hope would be a Year of Hope?"

Well, what do you think?

---

Well, who’d know! This item is a poll and I voted for the dove because being a bird, it can fly and rise over anything. Plus, a dove is a universally known symbol of hope.

Hope helps us to ignore the unpleasant present. As such, it is all we have at the moment to provide us with strength and bear the misery and misfortunes of 2020.

Hope encourages us to persevere with the onward journey, despite the obstacles, fear, or simply the masks that make the entire planet earth look like a cave for bandits.

Hope offers us a positive belief and a doable path, and directs us toward specific directions, destinations, and goals. Hope, then, becomes a mindset that urges us to keep on trying, at least one more time, one more month, or for the next year of 2021.


© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993934-Flowers-and-Hope