*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994176-Horror-and-Voices
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#994176 added September 25, 2020 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Horror and Voices
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/meet-the-actors-who-ve-played-iconic-horro...
Which character would you be? Why?


---

None. Unfortunately for this prompt, I haven’t seen any of those movies. In fact, at the moment, I am at odds with Hollywood’s grandiose and condescending incompetence.

To begin with, I don’t like anything, fiction or a movie, that intends to only terrify, scare, or disgust. The characters in such works go down with the genre, even when they are played by the best of actors. Unless, the story has some magnitude, scope, and intelligence that will save it.

Talking of which, I liked Hannibal Lecter in “The Silence of the Lambs.” Who can forget him saying, “I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.” But this movie wasn’t meant to be a horror film. It had its horror-filled moments, true, but the entire work was full of depth, meaning, and wisdom.

This kind of horror I’ll take anytime.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From sethermancrash ’s "A Voice Lost Among the Wind
“We all refuse to be another set of voices long among the wind. We will be heard.”

---

The fearless ones shout to be heard. They are heard for sure, but they are also frowned upon for adding to the noise pollution.

Thus, here’s my opinion. No need to add to the cacophony that is making everyone’s hearing faulty. If you have something significant and relevant to say, say it. You will be heard, at least by some people who may appreciate words like yours. If that is too difficult, then say what you yourself want to hear. At least, you’ll be the one to hear yourself.

The trouble with the temper tantrums when your voice becomes lost and you realize you are not being heard is in the fact that you put your own emotional well-being in other people’s hands, people whose ears may be faulty and can distort what you are saying.

Besides, your own individual voice has to be your own, controlled by nobody, and hopefully, it will offer a sense of purpose and value to your life. Then, you’ll have a very good chance of being heard.

© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994176-Horror-and-Voices