*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995890-Dispense-with-the-snarkiness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#995890 added October 14, 2020 at 5:38pm
Restrictions: None
Dispense with the snarkiness
Somebody told me today that I was a rock star! I managed to correct a simple problem, but this person went out of her way to make me feel extraordinary. Which made me label her something greater than a rock star, she is a queen among people. She in her simple way goes about life lifting up others. She seeks no gain, refuses to clamor about politics, feels hesitant in the spotlight, but completes her tasks with a smile and kind words. She made me feel great but I became enamored of the words she spoke to everyone she encountered. Always they were kind and uplifting. She had a way of turning the lemon-faced complainer into a smiling participant in a glorious day. It is easy to overlook these type of people, but they are the reason we are at times reassured by the goodness that happens in our world. They don't asked to be rewarded for the deeds that they do, but desire an opportunity to lighten the burden of others. I strive to do the same in this universe and call upon my inner goodness to make others feel a bit better. I want to find the same inner peace that this woman has achieved. Some way i need to dispense of my snarkiness with life first, but maybe I can be taught by the likes of her.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995890-Dispense-with-the-snarkiness