*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995971-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-59
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#995971 added October 15, 2020 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Ten + Day 59
The weather has cooperated, windy but know rain. I have painted the last two days and have made progress. I have not heard from our painter hired. I told the Wife Also known as the Kitten, that I hope she is keeping track of my hours. I paint for 20.00 an hour. I think it will be hard squeezing money out of that turnip.

Maybe this is a good time to talk about every bodies favorite commodity, Money. What is it? Some place I once read it is a way to store the value of your labor. It is also said Money is the root of all evil. I say no, The love of money, the priority you place on money can be one attribute of evil. Having an amount of surplus money for stored for a rainy day is not bad, but is the proper thing to do if possible.

As I may have mentioned earlier I am of Swiss heritage and proud of it. Let me tell you a story, I was taking my very elderly friend into his barbershop a number of years ago. He was a mentor and like a father to me. He has now passed on at age 97. Any way I got into the chair for my haircut and I started talking to the also elderly barber. I do not remember what brought up Swiss people and money. But he stated the Swiss people he knew always paid there bills, but you could not get them to buy anything. And I thought is not that the truth. Which brings me to the difference between frugalness and being Cheap or a Tight wad. Being frugal in my mind is a positive. It means buying only what is needed, Using purchases wisely, Using purchases to completion, Repurpose items when possible, Searching for the best purchase and purchase price, Then recycling when that is all the value left. And I might add being self reliant, Saving for that rainy day, Being a good Steward of what God has provided to you. Then sharing Money and materials when truly needed and you are able to do so. In a nut shell using the money and all you have wisely.

On the other hand Cheap or being a Tight Wad is not wanting to pay your way when you are able to do so. Looking for ways to milk the system when you could do otherwise. When you put the love of money and acquiring it ahead of God and Family. That is a sad situation. At some time I will write about Balance in Life. But right know the Little Dog lying here waiting to go upstairs.

© Copyright 2020 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995971-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-59