*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997117-Trick-or-Treat-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2165561
The missing link in sudden counter culture.
#997117 added October 29, 2020 at 8:26pm
Restrictions: None
Trick or Treat ?






"Can't imagine the 5th dimension," Lucinda remarked.
"It's just another place," Eric moved the pumpkin to the window.
He lit the candle inside and clasped his hands in homage to the Jack-O-Lantern.
"There could be tiny intelligent beings living inside my body," Lucinda shivered.
She quickly shut the window. .. Eric gave a toothy smile, "Blood cells."

"I dought will have any trick or treaters thanks to COVID-19," Lucinda sighed.
A phantom passed by the window and rang the doorbell.
Eric opened the door with a bowl of candy in one arm.
"Trick or treat!" the costumed children shouted, snatched some candy, and ran off.
Eric laughed and put the bowl of candy down on the table by the front door.

"Forbidden Planet is playing," Lucinda sat down on the couch in front of the TV.
Eric yawned as the popcorn popped in the microwave.
He brought the bowl of popcorn over and set it between them.
The doorbell rang. . "I'll get it," Eric said.
It was the Dolan's twins dress like Wonder Woman.

"John and Sara Dolan," Eric sighed, "I remember when they were toddlers."
Lucinda stretched to see them, "I like boys in tights."
Eric laughed, "For a snack?"
He gazed at his I-Pod, "Wanna freak out the neighbors?"
They shapeshifted into Werewolves.

"Bing-bong!" went the front doorbell.
Lucinda and Eric scampered to the front door and stood up on their hindquarters.
Lucinda flung the door open and they both roared at the trick or treaters.
The children screamed and ran off the porch.
"That wasn't nice." Eric chided his wife.
"But it was fun," Lucinda chuckled and licked Eric's face.

They shut the door with a Halloween sign on it, "All out of Tricks and Treats."
The two Werewolves returned to the couch to watch the ending of Forbidden Planet.
"Perhaps it is best we remember we are not God?" Commander Adam remarked to Altair.
Lucinda rewound the tape, "Let's watch it again."
Eric pushed his snout into the popcorn and munched.


Reflections~I hope we can all have a safe Haloween and November.


Shalom

Muzzy

© Copyright 2020 bob county (UN: muzzy43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bob county has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997117-Trick-or-Treat-