*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997868-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-82
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#997868 added November 7, 2020 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Ten + Day 82
It was decided today that my youngest daughter will have dinner with us this Thanksgiving day. Her husband is going hunting with his brother in law in the north woods. We normally do not do Thanksgiving dinner here. We for a number of years went to dinner at a daughter in the Chicago area. They do not want to do it this year. They and the oldest daughter want to stay home, alone. This is the first time since they were born that we have not all been together a Thanksgiving Day, Thank You China virus. This is up setting and depressing for me. I expect Christmas dinner will be a similar situation.

PROMPT November 6th
Would you ever take a trip to a place "off the grid?" Where would you go?

Although it is not completely of the Grid our compound in Northern Wisconsin is a close as I think I want to get at this time in my life. We do have electricity which is a must for me. We have a wood lot for firewood and supplement with propane when need be. There is no telephone or television, so we listen to music or read in the early dark evenings. The Wisconsin River is across the highway with a boat landing very close by, so fishing is an important activity. Other times are spent working the potatoes, strawberries and Blueberries and the flower garden. So we are not completely off the grid, we do have neighbors we see at times. but we are away from the stress of living in the midst of many people, noise and much vehicle traffic. It is our get away place north of the Tension Zone.

PROMPT November 7th
It's said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Describe something that you think is beautiful or attractive that someone else might consider unattractive or ugly.

Without thinking a long time I came up with, A Bog with its Flytraps and Pitcher plants and other flowering vegetation and insects. The best time to catch the bog in bloom is mid summer. In northern Wisconsin the seasons are fast. But even earlier or later the bog is beautiful to look at. It is a different experience waking on a bog if you have never done it. It moves, It floats, Its a mat of living and dead vegetation that is strong enough to walk on with care.

I wish you a Blessed Good Night

© Copyright 2020 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997868-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-82