*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998139
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#998139 added November 11, 2020 at 3:19pm
Restrictions: None
Misperceptions... Things will change with Joe and Kamala
Misperceptions... things will change with Joe and Kamala.
11.november.2020

Comment sent to Zehra Shallwani in Pakistan (edited).

"Perceptions can start wars. I fear American xenophobia and islamophobia. Not as bad as Hungary or Slovakia but they can't nuke the world; the US most definitely can. There is hope here... especially with Kamala as vice-president. She brings a sensitivity to South Asian culture. Yes, I know Pakistan and Bangladesh aren't India but her cultural sensitivity may help. Hopefully she gets to visit all three nations. If Buttigieg becomes our ambassador to the UN that will be interesting as well as he speaks Arabic and can address the UN in Arabic. Biden? He likes to smooth things over. He needs to invite Republican members of Congrees for a chat to build bridges. His Cabinet/advisors will be much more diverse than the last 4 years. Expect women in numbers never seen before. What does this have to do with the women in Pakistan? The more women in "power" globally shifts the paradigm. Men no longer get to ignore them. Each country struggles with its own darkness, but the 'light' is but a dawn away and the sun will come up tomorrow."

669

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998139