*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998868-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-96
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#998868 added November 21, 2020 at 11:31pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Ten + Day 96

We got back from the Northwoods yesterday later then normal after a unexpected rough experience up there. Everything was going great. I did everything I needed to do the first day. I stopped and lined up a sign painting for the garage. Then went to the farm and started clearing the fence line. My nephew came shortly after I got there to get ready for the deer hunt. He has a deer stand, should I say small cabin on top of the small silo there, nice. But anyway I gave him the key fob for the truck so he could move it and get by my van. Then drive down to the buildings where the his stand is, about a quarter mile. I was getting tired so I decided to quit brushing and see him before he left. I get there and he says something is wrong with the van, It will not start. Now we have never had a problem with starting it before hand. So now we have walked over to the van. I put the key fob in and it says BAD KEY. What the .... The van is completely dead the fob will not operate anything. We try different things their. Nothing helps. He offers to drive my to town, about 15 miles away and check the battery in the Key Fob. The battery shows it is bad. We put a new battery in key fob and return to van, Nothing again. What The .... so then he takes me over to my brother, [20 miles away], his dad which is about 2 miles from our home place up there. It is now late. my brother has his buddy is over there working on the tractor I wrote about earlier. We decide I will call the Chrysler dealership the next day. My brother took me over there in the morning, about 15 miles the other direction. It turns out there was a recall on the ignition, Unknown to me. So believe it or not last February we joined AAA. I felt it was time to not fight situations on the side of the highway at my age. To shorten this story up some. Triple A picked up the van and took it to the dealership. Now that is great, but the dealership has to order parts, That will not arrive until Monday, the 23rd. They say it is a half hour to fix the problem, then program the new key fobs. So now what I have to get back to this location. My brother, God Bless Him, took me back the other direction where I rented a Mini Van to get us back to this home location. Now Monday I need to drive back up there and return the van, and pay the bill. And hopefully I am able to pick up our van. If not I will be up there till I can pick it up. I am crossing my fingers. We did manage to get to the auction house by 10 minutes and pick up winnings.

Now my thoughts on why this happened. The vehicles they produce today are way over the top complicated. They take something simple like a key and improve on it until they break it. If anyone would build a simple bread and butter vehicle without all the bells and whistles, and a standard transmission. That is priced to match, people would line up to purchase. I really did not want to purchase a 2009 van. I do not like what I can not see and understand. The Old Foggy's ways rise to the top again.

I will write again tomorrow before I leave, Have a Blessed Rest

© Copyright 2020 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998868-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-96