*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999052-Big-Sky-in-Big-Sky-country
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#999052 added November 24, 2020 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
'Big Sky' in Big Sky country
So we are on the countdown to Thanksgiving. Does everyone have the required goodies on hand? I am not cooking this year. We are going to Big Timber to a hotel that is serving the big dinner. Our railroad trip was not happening, the Isaac Walton Inn over by Glacier National Park is closed for renovation at this time, darn. We love doing Amtrak. So fine, we'll drive for a few hours, stay a few nights. We think there may not be snow in the Crazy Mountains this time of year, we haven't had any snow for weeks. *Sun*

But today I got the baking fairy on my shoulder. I baked some quick breads. Some orange *Orange* bread and then a loaf of pumpkin *Pumpkin2* bread. Our church was called upon to provide some meals for a couple next week. Perhaps they will get one of these loaves. The husband waited too long to go to the doctor, and as a result ended up in the hospital with a raging case of pneumonia. So a warning to you folks - don't wait til you are coughing up blood. You don't want to spend a week in the hospitals right now with this virus raging.

Is everyone setting up all those Christmas decorations? I have to admit I am a bit of a humbug. I have a lot of decorations, but rarely put any up any more. We have no visitors, no family. I don't think we even put up a tree the last few years. The whole hoopla about this from Halloween to Christmas annoys me so much. I say every year I just want to go to a deserted island and get away for these months. So sorry for those of you that love all the gift giving and partying. Have fun.

Today has been a nothing type day. Computer work, puttering. No real cleaning. You know how some days you just can't bring yourself to clean? Yep, one of those days. I'm sitting here watching 'Chopped', a favorite cooking show. 'What are you doing, putting those two foods together, I think as these cooks try to make weird foods work together.

I'm just marking time until 6 pm. *Clock2* Then I'm headed to a Chamber of Commerce meeting. I had to call a friend to see if that meeting was still on since I didn't get a notice.

Then when I get home I'll watch a new show. *TV* 'Big Sky'. One of my favorite authors, C.J.Box talked about this series last March at his book signing. It was filmed some in Montana, is based on a book of his. The first episode last week was very good. Not sure how many episodes there are, but I will try to watch them all.

So if you've never been to Montana, BIG SKY is really a thing. The sky really does look bigger here. It's our claim to fame.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999052-Big-Sky-in-Big-Sky-country