*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999284-Onward-Toward-2021
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#999284 added November 28, 2020 at 2:40pm
Restrictions: None
Onward Toward 2021

signature dancing owl



What’s on the top of your mind right now that you need to tell someone about?
What do you want for Christmas? (Or for your next birthday if you don’t celebrate Christmas)
I am writing this prompt today from the current and ancestral home of the Anishinaabe people. In your entry today, research and write about the indigenous and native peoples who lived on the land where you currently reside. If you are in the United States, take time during your Thanksgiving meal to thank your ancestors and the indigenous people of your area.

In grade school, different years, we did plays and studies about the Thanksgivings held between European settlers and Indigenous tribes. There were a lot of different tribes settled near Lake Erie and in the internal parts of what is now Pennsylvania.

The link names 10 or more peoples. http://thatpennsylvaniathing.blogspot.com/2011/09/are-several-tribes-of-indigino... .

William Penn, who was a Quaker, visited the interior of lands considered Pennsylvania. He became acquainted with many tribes settled in the area. Later he wrote about his experiences. His views were positive about them. He was accepting of them as a worthwhile people and felt they had beautiful languages. The only thing he felt lacking in their way of life was their religious views.

Lake Erie was named after the Erie Tribe. It is called the Cat Nation. They inhabited Northern Ohio, Northwestern, Pennsylvania, and Western New York.

Presently, there is a Seneca reservation located in Western New York. Lake Erie touches Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and New York

I celebrate Christmas but rarely my birthday. I think the corn stove in our home will have to do for both Christmas and Birthday presents.

Thanksgiving I cooked and we watched the parade and the Westminster AKC Dog show.

The day after Thanksgiving my youngest sons family showed up with more corn to get us through the winter. They also brought along their newly adopted dog and their family dog they adopted several years ago. The newest adoptee is Roxy, part bloodhound and I’m not sure what else? She is quite large. She is also very very friendly. While the men unloaded the corn I helped play with the dogs. She was once abused before the Anna Shelter acquired her. I”m glad she has a family now that will appreciate her.

I once worked in a kennel in Erie. Playing with dogs is the funnest type of work.

Merit Badge in Keep It Up
[Click For More Info]

Hope you have a wonderful party week! *^*Bigsmile*^*


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999284-Onward-Toward-2021