*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999561-Hope-My-Back-is-Back-by-Morning
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#999561 added December 3, 2020 at 12:22am
Restrictions: None
Hope My Back is Back by Morning
I made it in, a bit later than I should have, it's just after eleven here, but it's still Wednesday so I'm good.

I almost put this off, since sitting up at the desk is a bit discomforting tonight. I also thought of trying to sit in my comfortable chair in the living room and type this out on the laptop, but I wasn't sitting very well there, kind of lisping to one side which would make typing a bit difficult. Yes, my back is still being a pain, and as soon as I'm done here I'm off to bed.

I was doing better through most of the day, sore, stiff, and not having full feeling back in my right foot, but the shooting pain down my right buttock was gone and the spasm that I had yesterday had ceased. I was doing so well that I was thinking about hanging the cane back up, but decided against it until more time had passed.

My wife had just gotten home from work, bring us deli chicken and sides for supper. I went out to smoke and get the door for her and my daughter who was helping with hauling everything in. I was fine until I came inside and set my cane off to the side to take my jacket off. I had just slipped out of it when my pelvis decided to slip out as well. One big spasm, a bolt of white-hot lightning shooting down my right buttock and leg, and total loss of feeling in my right foot.

Even as it hit I felt myself starting to buckle, but I couldn't stop myself. The muscle spasm was too strong and down I started to go, holding the back of the chair to keep from falling completely. I did manage to hold on for a bit, but another spasm and more pain ended any chance of not ending up on the floor. Once down, all I could do was lie there and wait out the following spasms and hope they would subside. If they did not, I knew I'd be going for a ride to the hospital, but once lying flat on my back with my knees bent, the pressure was off and the spasms left. I was able to get up and back into my chair.

So far, the spasms haven't returned, the pain isn't really bad, but that's only because there's a sense of numbness in my lower back, and even the shooting pain has subsided more of a tingling than actual pain. That there are still some nerves pinched is clear, the right foot is red and feels like it's asleep, but I hope by morning it will be better again. Usually, this only lasts a few days, and then as quickly as it hit, it's gone again with just some general aching in it's wake, like bruised muscle.

© Copyright 2020 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999561-Hope-My-Back-is-Back-by-Morning