*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999613-Are-These-Our-Daughters
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#999613 added December 3, 2020 at 11:54pm
Restrictions: None
Are These Our Daughters?
Wow, I'm in here pretty early for a change, only 10:30 here and 11:30 site time. It wasn't looking good for getting in here this early, but I got a nice surprise. But first, I'm going to save my entry and then edit it, maybe that will log the time I got in here. Maybe not, but it's worth a try.

It's been a pretty uneventful day as a whole, but it started out looking like the beginning of a troubled day. Our oldest daughter was supposed to catch the school bus this morning for her advisory class. The school is closed for normal classes, but her advisory teacher finagled it so his students could attend Thursday and Friday instead of online classes at home.

But, the bus that was supposed to stop didn't. My wife works at the school and starts at nine, so she gave the oldest a ride in. But, it already had our daughter's anxieties going and I didn't know how the day would progress.

Our younger daughter, who loves school, didn't get the same option, so she had to be up and do her classes online. I perceived problems here as well. She was a bit late logging into her first hour class, but since it was the first day of online classes, a lot of other students also logged in late.

her classes went well except for her second period, the teacher, for what ever reason, wasn't able to hold class. But it was posted and she had already worked ahead and had the assignment finished. The rest of the day went pretty smoothly.

After school, both girls did pretty good but then about 9:00 this evening, they wanted to watch their television show. It was done a little before 10:00, but the youngest said they wanted to watch a second one. This has been the routine over the last week. My wife wanted to go to bed, and since their TV is easy to hear in our room, I had them move out to the living room to finish the show.

That's when the older girl stated she didn't want to watch the show, but the younger girl had started it and she didn't want to miss any of it. Of course, the younger girl said her sister was lying and things started to heat up. I was sure we were going to have them both at it, but surprisingly, when I told them from now on, no television after 10:00 from now on, they both got quiet and didn't argue.

Once the show was done, the oldest sent to bed, the younger snuggled up with her blanket on the floor and closed her eyes, happy to sleep where she was; she often sleeps in the living room and as long as she's going to sleep, I'm not going to stir things up by trying to get her off to bed.

In all, a good day. How things worked out as they did, I'm not sure. But, if it's a gift for the day, I accept it, if it's a change on how things will be looking forward, that's even better. It does leave a question in my mind, however, "Where did our girls go?"

© Copyright 2020 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999613-Are-These-Our-Daughters