*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999873-December-8-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#999873 added December 9, 2020 at 8:13am
Restrictions: None
December 8, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

I wanted to let everybody know that I passed my West Virginia Certification Board of Addiction Prevention Professional Peer Support Examination this morning. Now it is a matter of waiting up to four weeks for my license to arrive. Then I will put a copy on my wall and give copies to my corps commander at the Salvation Army. The next step is the Alcohol and Drug Counselors licensure exam.

I love this image. Hello everyone,

Hope your December is going great!

Prompt Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2020

Proverbs 4:18-21 Avoid Bad Company

18. But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

19. The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

20. My son attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

21. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

The path of the wicked is a crooked path. Matthew 7 says that the road to hell is a broad road. The wicked often do not even realize they are on the road to destruction. As Solomon said they often do not know that they stumble. Solomon is giving a stern warning to his readers that path of wickedness is a slippery slope. It is deceptive and easy to walk into. Those who follow God with all their heart do not want to walk on this path. We all veer back and forth between the two paths. The trick is to never give up.

Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox Prompt: Baby Yoda and I were riding around outer space and landed on this planet:
 at the party  (E)
what am I?
#2056115 by Rhyssa


Write about this item or a Birthday Party.

The writer asks the question here "Who am I?"

While this may seem a strange question, I think it is one we have all asked ourselves at one time or another. I used to ask that question constantly. The few times I answered it I did not like the answer. I was a drug addict and I was living in hell. Thank God Jesus Christ reached down into my despair and plucked me out. I have been sober for almost twelve years now. I thank God every day for helping me figure it out.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: β€œIt's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Let this quote inspire you blog entry."

I agree with Patrick that the learning experiences come from seeking answers. I like the old saying that if you give a man a fish he eats for a day. If you teach him to fish, he eats for a lifetime. I'd rather learn to fish.


Blog City image small "Prompt: Imagine and then write about what it would be like if we lived in a world where everyone performed at least one act of kindness or an altruistic service every day."

It would be a heavenly world.



Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors


© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999873-December-8-2020