*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/2222203-Promptly-Poetry-Challenge-2023-2024
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2222203
52 weeks + 52 prompts = 52 poems
PPC4 - Logo

Join the challenge!

Signups are now CLOSED
Deadline to Sign-up: Friday, July 28, 2023

*Starb* Click here to jump to the messages. *Starb*

Here's the scoop...

*Gemt* Each week, on Monday, I will give you a prompt.
*Gemt* Sometimes the prompt will be an image, words, phrases, or a form.
*Gemt* On occasion. the prompt may have you write for and submit to a poetry contest within WdC.
*Gemt* Each weekly prompt may come with additional rules but you will always have creative freedom, providing you comply with the prompt rules.

New Incentive for PPC4:
*Gemt* At the end of every month, participants that have submitted an entry for every week of the month, will be entered into a drawing to win a prize!

*Gemt* Prizes will vary and could be a merit badge, an awardicon, gift points, raffle tickets, or gift certificate for one of these WdC shops: "Rach's Chocolate Emporium , " ~ Treasure Designs ~ Shop, or others. (If you would like your shop considered, please drop me an email!)

*Gemt* There will be no incentives for reviewing this round.

*Exclaimb* Please create a book or folder item for this activity or you may also use an existing book or folder item. Your awardicon will be placed on the folder/book. Given the number of items that you will end up creating, or that you will be creating a book, unfortunately, members with a free account are not eligible for participation.

*Exclaimb* All genres and ratings are accepted up to and including XGC - but please no fetish stuff, no prejudice towards sexual preferences or racism, etc.

*Exclaimb* This is an activity, a challenge, but not a contest. No one's poems will be judged.

*Exclaimp* *Exclaimb* Once you have written your poem, please post a link to your poem in the forum. Do not post your poem in the forum - it will not count. If you store your poems in a book, you will need to post the entry number for each week's poem. I will not go on a treasure hunt for your poems. If it's not posted correctly, I will let you know. If the entry is not corrected, it will not count until it is posted properly. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule.

Since this is an activity, you can catch up on previous weeks that you have missed, just make sure that you state in your forum post what week it is for.

You may enter your poem into any WDC contest providing it fits any prompt/line requirements and/or any other rules of that contest as well as the PPC Prompt.

Start Date: Monday, July 31, 2023
End Date: Sunday, July 28, 2024

"What's in it for me?"

Besides the fun and challenge of it, it's up to you! The more you add to your layaway fund, the better your reward at the end of it.

If you want to get a 50K banner on your book/folder, then you need to contribute 50K GPs to your layaway fund throughout the running of this activity.

If you want to get a 125K star on your book/folder, then you need to contribute 125K GPs to your layaway fund throughout the running of this activity.

If you want to get a 500K trophy on your book/folder, then you need to contribute 500K GPs to your layaway fund throughout the running of this activity.

Your reward will always add up to however much you contribute to your layaway fund. If the amount you contribute does not exactly match an Awardicon, then you will receive an Awardicon of the closest possible value, plus any remaining GPs will be used to award any other prizes I deem appropriate (such as Merit Badges, a second Awardicon), or I may purchase a package from a member shop for you.

If you choose not to put an awardicon/trophy on layaway, that is entirely up to you. I will guarantee that you will receive a 10K ribbon on your book/folder for your participation, assuming you complete all 52 prompts.

You may add funds to your layaway fund throughout the duration of the challenge.

If you complete all 52 prompts by the activity deadline, I will send you PPC's exclusive MB.

*Starb* New for Round 4!
2023 - 2024:
Merit Badge in Promptly Poetry 4
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new merit badge! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We sincerely appreciate it! -SMs

All prizes will be sent out at the end of the activity.
Additionally, I reserve the right to spoil the participants whenever the mood strikes and funds are available.

*ExclaimR* Please note: In order to receive your Awardicon, you must complete at least 40 weeks of the challenge by the last day of the activity. If you decide to quit or drop out, your GPs will be considered a donation and used appropriately (i.e. coffee and snacks).

Participant Ribbon Layaway:
You may make your payments directly to the activity bank: {item:2222202}, or in a new post in this forum.
Either way, I will be notified and log your amounts.
You can check your layaway balance, anytime, here: "PPC Group and Bank

General Donations:
Likewise, donations may be made here in the forum or sent directly to our bank: {item:2222202}.
Donations will go toward participant awards, help fund gifts for Mini-Challenges, and are greatly appreciated.
Donations, made to the general fund, of 30K or more will receive a community MB.
Donations of 150K will get you the Inaugural PPC MB
2020/2021:
Merit Badge in Promptly Poetry
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new merit badge! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We sincerely appreciate it! -SMs
*Exclaimr*This badge will be going into the vault for a while on 7/31/2023!

*Exclaimp* Helpful Poetry References

*Exclaimb* PPC Shortcuts:
"Promptly Poetry Challenge Stuff
"PPC Group and Bank
"PPC Participant Progress Log

*Exclaimp* Round 4 - List of Participants & their books/folders:

Are you missing a week?
*Down* All the prompts are here! *Down*

Links to Weekly Prompts - Round 4

Signature for those who have won a Quill Award at the 2020 Quill Awards   Merit Badge in Quill Award
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on winning the 2020 Quill Award for Best Forum (Non Contest) for  [Link To Item #2222203] . *^*Delight*^* For more information, see  [Link To Item #quills] .
2020 Quill Awards - Winner for Best Forum (Non-Contest)
715 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 29 · per page   < >
by Lilli ☕ still Quilling  •  03-25-24 @ 7:35 am
by Lilli ☕ still Quilling  •  03-18-24 @ 7:39 am
by ridinghhood-p.boutilier  •  about 19 hours ago
by Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness  •  about 24 hours ago
by Ned  •  a day ago
by Bunny Sox  •  a day ago
by Beholden  •  a day ago
by Prosperous Snow Valentine  •  03-25-24 @ 8:03 pm
by Solace.Bring  •  03-25-24 @ 3:04 pm
by THANKful Sonali LOVES DAD  •  03-25-24 @ 12:38 pm
by Kit  •  03-24-24 @ 6:24 pm
by Ned  •  03-24-24 @ 7:33 am
by Ned  •  03-23-24 @ 6:07 am
by Prosperous Snow Valentine  •  03-22-24 @ 3:10 pm
by intuey  •  03-22-24 @ 12:24 pm
by Choconut ~ Dragon Tamer  •  03-22-24 @ 8:45 am
by Sunny  •  03-22-24 @ 8:25 am
by Beholden  •  03-21-24 @ 9:28 am

715 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 29 · per page   < >
Previous ... -1- 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/2222203-Promptly-Poetry-Challenge-2023-2024