*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2613947
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #1700829
A discussion forum and activity hub for Talent Pond bloggers.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 30, 2013 at 3:38pm
Edited: December 31, 2013 at 3:14am
*Snow1*31-Day Winter Blogging Challenge starts Jan. 1!
I thought it might be fun to start the new year off on the right foot by running a month-long blogging challenge! January is typically the month where people are the most resolved to change their habits (plus we're in the middle of winter for those of us in the northern hemisphere), so I figured it was as good a month as any for a blogging activity!

Here are the details:

*Bullet* Every day on or around 12:00am WdC time, I will post a brief prompt here in the forum. The prompts will range from "what if" situations, to self-reflection, to observations or opinions about the world around you... and we'll even throw in a few short creative writing ones for good measure!

*Bullet* There is no minimum or maximum length required for your posts, as long as you answer the prompt fully and put in a little thought and effort. As the organizer of this activity, I reserve the right to disqualify any blog entry that I feel doesn't adhere to the spirt of this activity, which is to encourage thoughtful, quality writing.

*Bullet* You must publish a post on your blog that fully responds to the prompt, and post a link to it here in the forum, by 11:59pm WdC time the same day.

*Bullet* The first day you post a response, you'll get 100 Gift Points. You'll get an additional 100 Gift Points for every consecutive day you respond to the prompt. For example, you get 200 GPs for your Day Two entry, 300 GPs for Day Three, 400 GPs for Day Four ... and if you go all the way to the end ... 2900 GPs for Day Twenty-Nine, 3000 GPs for Day Thirty, and 3100 GPs for Day Thirty-One. If you successfully respond to all 31 prompts the day they're posted, that adds up to just under 50,000 GPs!

*Bullet* HOWEVER, if you miss a day, the process starts all over again (100 GPs for the first day, then 200, 300, 400 GPs, etc. for each consecutive day).

*Bullet* While you can't retroactively complete blog entries for the GP prizes, finishing all 31 prompts by the end of the month WILL earn you a Merit Badge for your efforts!

*Bullet* I'm also going to throw in some random prizes for particularly good blog entries along the way!

*Bullet* Everyone is welcome to join in! Only Blog Harbor members are eligible for the daily GP and random prizes, but anyone else who wants to play along certainly can, and I'll even give them a MB if they complete all 31 entries!

Anyone is free to sign up for Blog Harbor by filling out the "Mooring Instructions! You're welcome to join anytime in January and once you're added to the Harbor (I'll add you within 24 hours of receiving your survey) you're free to start earning the daily rewards from that point on.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post here in the forum or email me at Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk .

Otherwise let's get this party started on New Years' Day!

Jeff
Logo for Senior Moderators - small

Please check out my community items:
"Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group
"The Dark Society
"Blogocentric Formulations
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Snow1*31-Day Winter Blogging Challenge starts Jan. 1! · 12-30-13 3:38pm
by Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk
Re: 31-Day Winter Blogging Challenge starts Ja... · 12-31-13 9:55am
by A*Monaing*Faith
Re: Re: 31-Day Winter Blogging Challenge star... · 12-31-13 11:25am
by Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk
Re: Re: Re: 31-Day Winter Blogging Challenge... · 12-31-13 1:10pm
by A*Monaing*Faith
Re: 31-Day Winter Blogging Challenge starts Ja... · 12-31-13 11:20am
by Sunny
Re: Day 2: Music Fast · 01-02-14 5:41am
by A*Monaing*Faith

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2613947