*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3324039
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #2130938
Looking for a guiding light. Next round is in May of 2024.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 12, 2020 at 2:02am
Edited: February 12, 2020 at 2:27am
*Captainwheel*Quills Nomination Info
All entries will, indeed, be considered for nomination in the Quills. (By the by, 2020 nominations are open, here: "Quill Nomination Form 2024) The Quills' requirements are different than the Lodestar's, however, and I hope Elle - on hiatus doesn't mind me quoting them here:

Special Rules: portfolios must be of a single author and have at least 20 items, not counting folders; must have at least 1 nomination in another category; will be judged on port appearance (including bioblock, biography, etc.), quality of works, breadth of works, organization of port, creativity/originality, and community involvement (via groups, forums, reviews, etc.); all authors with at least 4 nominations in at least 2 categories will be automatically nominated; may not be a secondary account; you may not nominate yourself

As you can see, there are requirements beyond what this contest requires, and I'll be following these Special Rules in regards to nominating. For instance, this contest is only concerned with the main portfolio tab, but I'll look at the others when considering nominations for the Quills (though that'll be a year-long thing, rather than something I conclude this month).

And about the first bolded text: I'm not just going to sit around and wait to see if you're nominated in any other categories. I'm going to actively see if you have anything, throughout the year, to also nominate. Throughout the year. The list of entries will stay up all year, so I can keep revisiting Lodestar portfolios.

If you have a portfolio I want to nominate, I'm going to be looking for something else to nominate as well, so you'll be eligible. I will take this very seriously, as I have no intention (as I never have the intention) to turn any fluff nominations in to the Quills.

But I wanted to let you all know that even though the contest deadline is the end of February, Quill nominations are possible throughout the whole year, and across the board. For instance, maybe you don't have the community involvement requirement to qualify for a Quill Portfolio nomination, but you do start up a contest in September that I think is outstanding: I'm still going to nominate that contest, whether or not I nominate your portfolio.

That's how this is going to work, throughout the year.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Captainwheel*Quills Nomination Info · 02-12-20 2:02am
by Satuawany

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Satuawany.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3324039