*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3332208
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(668)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 17, 2020 at 4:51pm
Re: Hello everyone! Any advice?
by Rhyssa
Well, good luck. It sounds like you've had a long saga of learning what works for you on the publishing front. I'm afraid that my publication credit is all through the university where I got my MFA, so I don't know very much about the YA market. But consider researching e-publishing in your journey to becoming self-published.

From what you said in your post, it sounds as though you are currently mostly (or completely) done with the book that you want to have beta-ed. That's good. I always try to encourage people to have a good second draft finished before they open it up to other eyes. The thing is, while you're forming a story, sometimes having that extra eye can actually stop up the flow of creativity. For that first draft, you need to write. But it sounds like you're ready for a few extra eyes. I wish that I could help, but I haven't written much YA fiction, so I'm probably not the best to try and beta your book. But I know there are people here who could help you.

I think that the best way to get some good beta readers would be to start reading other young adult writers here on the site. If you're willing and able to give some good reviews for people who write the kinds of things that you do, you'll start to build a community of people who you can trust with your work. Consider also building relationships by participating in activities and contests (some good places to find those are under the "Community" tab on the left hand side of your page--check out "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com and "Activities @ Writing.Com). The way to write better is to write, and then to have your work read by people you trust. Explore the site. Good luck, again. And welcome.
MESSAGE THREAD
Hello everyone! Any advice? · 03-16-20 11:42pm
by ACorrin
Re: Hello everyone! Any advice? · 03-17-20 4:40am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Hello everyone! Any advice? · 03-17-20 4:33pm
by Richard ~ Shenanigans INC.
Re: Re: Re: Hello everyone! Any advice? · 03-17-20 4:48pm
by Silverwindrose Dragon Minstrel
*Star* Re: Hello everyone! Any advice? · 03-17-20 4:51pm
by Rhyssa
Re: Hello everyone! Any advice? · 03-26-20 3:20pm
by Lornda~ House of Martell ~
Re: Re: Hello everyone! Any advice? · 03-27-20 3:42am
by ACorrin
Re: Hello everyone! Any advice? · 03-31-20 12:29am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3332208