*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3338294
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #2130938
Looking for a guiding light. Next round is in May of 2024.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 11, 2020 at 12:51am
2020 Round: Captain of the Ship
"*Boat2*Results"  

This Round:
         Captain of the Ship

A well organized portfolio is a pleasure to visit. It creates a welcoming atmosphere that keeps visitors coming back. This round will recognize those portfolios that are well put-together and aesthetically pleasing.

---- Guidelines and Information ----

*Captainwheel* This round closes at 11:59 PM WdC time (EST) on the 29th of February, 2020.

*Captainwheel* You must have the "Biography" field filled out on your main Portfolio Tab. The creativity, grammar, and mechanics of this field will matter in the judging.

*Captainwheel* Whether or not you have any "Highlighted Items" is up to you. The presence or lack thereof will only be judged on how it hinders and/or enriches the experience of navigating your portfolio.

*Captainwheel* There is no lower or upper limit as to how many items there can be in your portfolio, but it will be difficult to "wow" with organization when there isn't much to organize. (I'm sorry for this, I really am.)

*Captainwheel* Same goes for the variety of item types.

*Captainwheel* There are no limits on items within your portfolio regarding content, ratings, type, or anything else.

*Captainwheel* Editing allowed throughout. Portfolios will get a glance when entered, but judging won't take place until the contest's deadline.

*Captainwheel* You may only enter your own portfolio. Know of a great one that should be in this contest? That's awesome! Email the member and point them this way so the decision to enter (or not) is theirs. *Wink* Authorized Secondary Accounts are allowed, even if you enter your main portfolio as well. (There are two ASAs that aren't allowed, but they know who they are. No worries.)

*Captainwheel* Portfolio tabs other than the main Portfolio tab will not be considered for the purpose of this contest. ("Other" tabs include "Reviews," "Biography," "Notebook," etc.)

*Captainwheel* Enter by making a post in the forum declaring your intent to enter. It would sure be nice if you would title your post "Entry: [something creative]" with the "[something creative]" being akin to the title of your portfolio, could you title your portfolio. It's not a requirement, but a hope, a dream, a wish of the judge's.

*Captainwheel* Nothing that affects WdC Community Points will affect the results of this contest. (That is to say, congratulations on your Awardicons! *Delight* Their presence or lack there-of will not, however, play a part in the judging of this contest.)

*Captainwheel* This round of the contest is about ease of navigation and visual interest. Possessing items with quality content will play a part, though that will be a part of the secondary judging points.

---- Entries ----

*Pirateship* This Round's Glorious Ship Captains

---- Prizes ----

Merit Badge in Lodestar
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new merit badge! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We sincerely appreciate it! -SMs

*StarB* Grand Prize - A 125K Star Awardicon on the portfolio plus the exclusive Merit Badge you see above.

*Starr* Runner-Up - A 25k Awardicon on the portfolio plus a WdC Merit Badge I like for you.

*Staro* Honorable Mention - A 10K Awardicon on the portfolio.

*Note* If there are fewer than nine entries, the Grand Prize and Runner-Up prizes will not be awarded. In that case, each entry will qualify as an Honorable Mention, meaning each will receive a 10K Awardicon.

*Note* If you'd rather have an equivalent amount of Gift Points instead of an Awardicon, you need to let me know when you post your entry. I know that can feel like you're being presumptuous, but I, the only judge, see it as needfully informative.

*Note* You cannot ask for Gift Points in place of Merit Badge awards. Well, I mean, you can ask, but the answer is no. Just let this contest leave some kind of mark on you others can see, will you?

*Starw* All entries will be considered for nomination in "The Quills *Starw*
"*Captainwheel*Quills Nomination Info"  
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
2020 Round: Captain of the Ship · 04-11-20 12:51am
by Satuawany

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Satuawany.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3338294