*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3381180
by Xiea
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2228853
Contest closed until Harry Potter's next birthday. Hold your breath till July 31st.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 28, 2020 at 7:04am
ROUND 7 AND 8 CLARIFY
It has come to my attention that a few of you are not clear on the rules and the scenario of these rounds.

There are two ways you can tackle these tasks.

1) You can invent a character. This character can be either a fellow student or a teacher. They must be original. The pros of tackling these tasks in this way are, each member can add a bit to the character. This is an interactive part of the contest hence, team communication. The characters voice is the team's voice (1st person). It is one story and, as you get points for this, must be linked smoothly. You can either choose one horcrux or a number as long as the link is made.

For example...
1ST TEAM MEMBER (ENDS): The snake, and not just any snake but the biggest one. Who does Harry think I am, Hagrid...
2ND TEAM MEMBER (CONTINUES): I sat on a nearby rock, and where am I to find this enormous snake...

See what I mean.

The con to doing the task this way is, you have to invent a character. This is better for the players who either don't remember the books or are not HP fans as they can start from scratch. It is less research work but more imagination work and a lot of team communication. Also, it is easier for the team you hand the story over to in round 8 if they know nothing or very little about HP. Depends on how competitive you guys are lol.

2) You can choose a lesser character in the book like Lumar or Nevil or McGonagall, or another lesser character. The same rules apply but it doesn't need so much work. The con of this it will limit you. As it is an established character and it will still have to be in first person, your team will have to take over their persona and be more accurate. This would be better, in my opinion, suited to players who are either HP fans or who know a little bit more concerning the books.

I hope this helps. The judging will be done a little bit differently as, and this is why you have 2 ways of completing this task. I thought it might be fairer as a lot rides on these last rounds. This means that it is anyone's game as the last placed team can make up the ground and win.

Flow: 5 points A smooth pass over: 5 points Storytelling, creativity, imagination: 10 points
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
ROUND 7 AND 8 CLARIFY · 10-28-20 7:04am
by DMT - THANK YOU WRITE.COM

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Xiea.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3381180