Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3441427
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #2012128
Closed for judging
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 9, 2021 at 2:02pm
[R10] Prompt Two - Water
by Tileira
Water is essential to life on Earth. Water makes up 60-75% of human body weight. A person could survive a month without food but wouldn’t survive 3 days without water.

About 71% of the Earth is covered in water.

Water is called the "universal solvent" because it is capable of dissolving more substances than any other liquid.

Waterways provided an early mode of travel and have been used to mark the borders of territory. Water is used in cleaning and cooling and cooking.

Water has multiple forms as a solid, liquid and vapour. It has many more symbolic meanings and universal cultural significance.

Today’s prompt is something of a free prompt in that I’m not going to tell you how to interpret this one. Whatever you think of as the most fitting or meaningful is what you are going to cover. That might be the threat of flooding, long-awaited rain, a religious observance, a way in which water is used… show me what water means for your characters.

*Noteb* Is this water literal and physical? Is it metaphoric, symbolic, or mystic?
*Noteb* What does it do? What is its place in your world?
*Noteb* What does this source of water mean to your characters? Do they fear it, use it, admire it?
*Noteb* What is done to control this source water? To channel or obstruct it?

NB- I tried to send this out by email, but WDC told me it was "successfully sent to 0 members", so I don't know if it worked.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
[R10] Prompt Two - Water · 08-09-21 2:02pm
by Tileira

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Tileira.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3441427